Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Germany, Austria, Italy and Provence

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
roofless

Germany, Austria, Italy and Provence

Post by roofless » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:23 pm

I am just putting together a little trip we intend to do. We had been umming and aahing about going away again as we have had one short trip to Provence already this year, but the lure of the road has proved too much. Our itinery is roughly outlined below and i have sourced accommodation but if anyone has tips on things to see and do or places to eat in any of our stops i'll be glad to hear them.

Day 1 Heidelberg, Germany
Day 2 Near Nurnberg, Germany
Day 3 Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany
Day 4 + 5 Near Fussen, Germany (to visit castle Neuschwanstein)
Day 6 + 7 Salzburg, Austria
Day 8 + 9 Mantova, Italy
Day 10 Lake Orta
Day 11 - 15 Provence
Day 16 return to Blighty
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Germany, Austria, Italy and Provence

Post by Taz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:08 pm

i will have tips in just over 2 weeks hehe

mason storm

Post by mason storm » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Sorry don't have any tips but looking forward to see how you get on as it would be interesting to do a trip through Germany.
2.5se Roadster - First Z
3.0 si Sport Coupe - now sold :cry:

roofless

Post by roofless » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:47 pm

mason storm wrote:Sorry don't have any tips but looking forward to see how you get on as it would be interesting to do a trip through Germany.
Germany is a beautiful country, did a little around the Moselle and Rhine a couple of years ago and it was lovely. I'd been anti German wines but getting recommended to a local vineyard in Piesport and being shown round by the owner, trying some of the fresh pressed grape juice, we were there during the harvest, then trying some of the wines was fabulous. Can't say i'm a fan of the sweeter german wines but some of the less sweet proved to be fabulous. Must get round to posting some pics of the trip. I'd always recommend Germany as a destination and, although i haven't done it, there's the home of BMW to visit.
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'