Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
RidgyDidge

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Post by RidgyDidge » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 am

Everyone should listen to his Stanford speech...there is more to his story than many people appear to know.

RIP Steve

And I'm happy to record that this message...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2006 BMW Z4MC - Australian delivery means it comes from the factory with everything !
Added rego plate, stubby, CF grills, gloss black roof wrap, fuel, and my right foot...

Darren M

Re: R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Post by Darren M » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:08 am

MigsAngel wrote:He was a visionary....hate to say it but Apple will rot without him...RIP Steve....
If it does that will reveal a great flaw in Steve. If the success of a company in a position such as Apple is, is down to one man, that would be rather tragic. Personally I doubt that will be the case but we will never know for sure. If things go wrong for APple people might blame that as the reason but I think the 'Apple way' has rubbed off onto other companies who will grow more competitive with or without Steve around at Apple. I don't think Steve would have worked at Apple, knowing of his possible fate, and working in a manner where APple cannot continue as successfully if he died.

Some products were innotative but I didn't go much for the Apple culture myself. A great marketing machine and Steve the person was part of that so maybe some people would stop buying products because he's not part of the image anymore. The company has a trendy image, and naturally people want to try somethinig different too (ie, not Windows). I have looked at Apple machines in the past but always found better value, and compatibility elsewhere. As for phones, never had one - I need a decent battery life and not a small device to build my life around (as many seem to :) )

Anyway, it's sad he died as it is for anyone else who dies young/relatively young but that's life.
Current 2011 X1 2.0d xDrive
2006 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos with Light Sepang interior - GONE 08/2012 - PY56 GH* - where now?
2006 Z4 Si Coupe - Montego blue - GONE approx 05/2009 - WJ56 YU* - where now?

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Read some less than positive things about him in the paper. Nightmare boss apparently, and not such a nice guy.

And we all know that everything printed the papers is true......

Food for thought though :(
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:08 pm

how many high flying bosses are nice people?