Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cloudy sunday in Monza Autodrome (dialup beware!)

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Albertoxx

Cloudy sunday in Monza Autodrome (dialup beware!)

Post by Albertoxx » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:03 pm

....with my Alpina

Finally engines breathe...

Last edited by Albertoxx on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpina Roadster S #89

fire-n-ice

Re: Cloudy sunday in Monza Autodrome (dialup beware!)

Post by fire-n-ice » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Great pics albertoxx 8) . Looks like you had a blast. Had some nice driving 'buddies' as well!
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

Albertoxx

Post by Albertoxx » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:01 pm

That Porsche was my nightmare...we were almost even, but I had a 222 lbs guy on the passenger's seat...but he's my best friend and I gladly chase that red thing!

We were a bunch of Zedders and from this forum there was elleen too on track...she'hot in her ///M Coupe! Even if it was a really freezing day! (+2 °C)

She drove two sessions more after I stopped to rest... :bow:
Alpina Roadster S #89

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Excellent Pics.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:35 am

Excellent pics, that last one of the two Z4's with the hood up, is definitly a winner in the photo op if you throw it in IMO
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:36 am

So where are the pics of the people that joined in? :poke:
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

AlanL

Post by AlanL » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:00 am

Nice shots. :thumbsup:

That FIA curbing in the first several shots is kind of interesting - and looks like it could be a little on the harsh side if you get too far into it and it even has a speed bump if you decide to cut inside of the curbing altogether. From the photos it seems like coming into that too hot and getting on the "teeth" could threaten to send you a little sideways and there are more than a few marks on the walls in shot number 11 (just beyond the nose of the Mini) that seem to be just about the right spot for collecting those who stray.

2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe - Silver Gray, Black Extended Leather, Dark Birch trim
Premium pkg, Sports Pkg, M seats, Clear Bra, Heated seats, NAV, DICE, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s

DocRiSK

Post by DocRiSK » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:44 am

Nice pics! That's a nice color on the porchse....wish we had more color options on our cars.

Albertoxx

Post by Albertoxx » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:05 am

Aebous wrote:Excellent pics, that last one of the two Z4's with the hood up, is definitly a winner in the photo op if you throw it in IMO
Said...done ! :roll: :wink:
Alpina Roadster S #89

Albertoxx

Post by Albertoxx » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:07 am

ovrkll wrote:So where are the pics of the people that joined in? :poke:
Here you are : http://community.motortribe.it/forum/sh ... 942&page=5 (in the middle of the page there are some)
Alpina Roadster S #89

Albertoxx

Re:

Post by Albertoxx » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:13 am

AlanL wrote:Nice shots. :thumbsup:

That FIA curbing in the first several shots is kind of interesting - and looks like it could be a little on the harsh side if you get too far into it and it even has a speed bump if you decide to cut inside of the curbing altogether. From the photos it seems like coming into that too hot and getting on the "teeth" could threaten to send you a little sideways and there are more than a few marks on the walls in shot number 11 (just beyond the nose of the Mini) that seem to be just about the right spot for collecting those who stray.
Yes, that was the Ascari Curve... and this is the result of an earlier gas opening of a friend on the speed bump:
You cannot see, but the rear bumper dropped on the hot exhaust and melted... :headbang:

But it's easier to loose the rear and start spinning there, hitting the wall on the same side. Something like that: http://www.nexusits.net/Monza/crash.avi (use VLC to play it)

Anyway someone was really lucky there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuXhLWPD ... re=related (about a little before the half of the clip)
Last edited by Albertoxx on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alpina Roadster S #89

Albertoxx

Post by Albertoxx » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:20 am

DocRiSK wrote:Nice pics! That's a nice color on the porchse....wish we had more color options on our cars.
What about this one? It's the standard colour! :D :D :D :D :D

Alpina Roadster S #89

rabman5

Post by rabman5 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm

very nice clip on youtube! The driver is very luck he didn't crash.

AlanL

Re: Re:

Post by AlanL » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:04 pm

Albertoxx wrote: But it's easier to loose the rear and start spinning there, hitting the wall on the same side. Something like that: http://www.nexusits.net/Monza/crash.avi (use VLC to play it)

Anyway someone was really lucky there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuXhLWPD ... re=related (about a little before the half of the clip)
Ouch - the driver in that first video just blindly followed the bad line of the car in front of him right across the top of the curbing.

Speed days on your track are a lot different than what we call Driver Events here in the US. For starters all of our club track days split into run groups that try to cluster cars/drivers by their abilities so the disparity between the slowest and fastest cars is small. Second, with very few exceptions passing is almost always restricted to marked areas in straights and typically require the driver in front to point by the overtaking driver to let him/her know that they know they are about to be passed. Third - everything loose must be removed from the car before being allowed on the track - including floor carpet pads or rubber mats. I was amazed to note that the passenger was holding the camera with a water bottle in the dash and a purse between her feet. All of these items can become projectiles in an accident although none did in this case.

Thanks for sharing the videos - both gave me a lot more insight about both the track and street car track driving in your neck of the woods. :thumbsup:

2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe - Silver Gray, Black Extended Leather, Dark Birch trim
Premium pkg, Sports Pkg, M seats, Clear Bra, Heated seats, NAV, DICE, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s

Albertoxx

Post by Albertoxx » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:22 am

AlanL , what you say makes sense.
That speed day was a lot easier to manage: you pay your session...you're on track! Just wear your helmet...
Simple, fast...and dangerous!
But I must admit that was exciting just that way... :whistle:
Alpina Roadster S #89