Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How do you deal with inside sill?

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
andysat
Lifer
Lifer

How do you deal with inside sill?

Post by andysat » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi all,following on from Bing asking about the two bucket method,i thought i would ask how you tackle the dirt/crud that sits on top of the sill?-(noticable when you open the door)-i try to spray mine with bottled water,so i dont have to rub/scratch the paint :cry: -any tips out there?-thanks
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Re: How do you deal with inside sill?

Post by inkey$ » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Usually wipe with a damp cloth carefully before drying. Spraying with water to loosen I've not tried but seems like a great idea andy. Remember to do the door sides and undersides too as they often pick up crud.
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

Turbokid

Post by Turbokid » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:43 pm

I spray with Megs APC, agitate with a brush and wash off with pressure washer.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:16 am

inkey$ wrote:Usually wipe with a damp cloth carefully before drying. Spraying with water to loosen I've not tried but seems like a great idea andy. Remember to do the door sides and undersides too as they often pick up crud.
+1 :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...