Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Site sections

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
chrisj900

Re: Site sections

Post by chrisj900 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:42 pm

you can never go wrong with some sweet ass colour coding :thumbsup:
z4 roadster 2.5i, hardtop, stubby, black grills, Dice silverline, carbon badges, custom illuminated wind deflector, custom iphone dock

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:26 pm

A "My Garage" section as per CJ suggestion before or a gallery section split into roadster and coupe and then by colour.

THis makes it easy for people to find example of cars in certain colours with various wheels etc.

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:42 am

I was recently searching for a part number without success and wondered if it was possible to put a section or sub section listing part numbers, as it seems quite a common question which is asked on the forum.
If it already exists just ignore me :tumbleweed:

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 pm

Dav the wheel nut wrote:I was recently searching for a part number without success and wondered if it was possible to put a section or sub section listing part numbers, as it seems quite a common question which is asked on the forum.
If it already exists just ignore me :tumbleweed:
Probably not a comprehensive list, but I think this is what you mean:

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... rs#p447598
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

roofless

Post by roofless » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:57 pm

chrisj900 wrote:you can never go wrong with some sweet ass colour coding :thumbsup:
unless you're colourblind :wink: And a big chunk of the population are. (PS sorry as i haven't been following this thread two closely if that one has been covered) :)
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

cj_eds

Post by cj_eds » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:29 pm

The more it gets suggested, the more I like the idea of the Gallery being a seperate forum that can have subforums by Z4 type. You could almost do with tags and a tag cloud on any image thread so that it'd be easier to group. I wouldn't fancy your job going back and retro-tagging all the existing photos though :)

roofless

Post by roofless » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:17 pm

This is a silly one but could the section for meets/events read 'meets/events/road trips' only because several times people seem to have said they didn't realise there was a road trip section. (i know it was always going to be me that asked that one :oops: )

Elsewhere changes so far look good, all i would say is follow the KISS principle, keep it simple stupid, it's easier. I'm not sure that separating things down into too many sections is a good thing, you could end up with more confusion about 'where do i post?'
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:34 pm

roofless wrote:all i would say is follow the KISS principle, keep it simple stupid
Always wondered why people need to call me stupid to make their point? :?
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:35 pm

roofless wrote:This is a silly one but could the section for meets/events read 'meets/events/road trips'
DOne :thumbsup:

roofless

Post by roofless » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:54 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
roofless wrote:all i would say is follow the KISS principle, keep it simple stupid
:o :cry: :oops: not what i meant at all, sorry if that came across the wrong way, i should learn to use punctuation properly

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:30 pm

roofless wrote:
sp3ctre wrote:
:o :cry: :oops: not what i meant at all, sorry if that came across the wrong way, i should learn to use punctuation properly
LOL, just pulling yer leg :wink:

McKoval

Post by McKoval » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Wouldn't you want to consider making a 'My car' section
where every user could have a topic of his own car and update it while accomplishing new mods?
To me i would be more logicall
Few of users have a thread they are updating, but there are quite a few interesting cars that appeal in different topic, and I cant find a mojor topic which would list all the mods and its history..

cheers,
mck

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Site sections

Post by jimbo1958 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:58 am

McKoval wrote:Wouldn't you want to consider making a 'My car' section
where every user could have a topic of his own car and update it while accomplishing new mods?
To me i would be more logicall
Few of users have a thread they are updating, but there are quite a few interesting cars that appeal in different topic, and I cant find a mojor topic which would list all the mods and its history..

cheers,
mck
Sounds like a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:07 am

I agree ^^^^^ this is a good idea.

We'll need a dating section soon too...
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

RubyBlueZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RubyBlueZ4MC » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:08 am

Bing wrote:I agree ^^^^^ this is a good idea.

We'll need a dating section soon too...
Yes good idea :thumbsup:
Gone: Interlagos Blue Z4 ///M Coupe
Remains: Red Skoda Yeti DSG Family Wagon! :o and the Hubby's Topaz Blue Z3 2.8 Facelift