Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fix It Day! CONFIRMED

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Nova2k7

Fix It Day! CONFIRMED

Post by Nova2k7 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Ok so on the back of my previous thread it seems there is plenty of interest for a day like this! The basic idea is the everyone turns up and pools their knowledge on fixing those known little niggles on everyones Z!

Looking at around the end of September although this can be discussed

Now in terms of location this is something that we may need to look at although I've been looking in the Bedfordshire area, inc Milton Keynes, Nottingham and such although if people are prepared to travel a little it could be better! Remember if you do have to travel at least at the end of the day you could have a few problems resolved!

Ok so if your interested in coming to something like this then please provide the following

NAME
MODEL OF Z
CAN YOU HELP WITH ANYTHING SPECIFIC?

Bradders75

Re: Fix It Day! CONFIRMED

Post by Bradders75 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:34 pm

I'm interested depending on date and location of course. There's the NE forum meet on the 30th September I intend to go to...

NAME - Matt
MODEL OF Z - 2003 3.0i SE
LOCATION - Gainsborough
WHAT ISSUES? - Window regulator (passenger side) - I'm slightly nervous about getting the windows correctly adjusted after replacement.
CAN YOU HELP WITH ANYTHING SPECIFIC - MFSW fitting inc. cable if needed (I made my own), trim removal and refitting (door panels / front bumper / headlights / seats etc.), dremeling open headlights (I'll supervise and advise but reluctant to cut without insurance!), Intravee fitment, general electronics issues and professional soldering of any iffy aftermarket wiring - I'm an electronics engineer by trade.
2003 Z4 3.0i SE | nav / cruise / PDC / bluetooth / ellipsoids / xenons / clear indicators / m-sport seats / m-sport MFSW / ZHP / intravee |

2014 F56 MINI Cooper S | for bends |

2016 F20 M135i | for straights |

Nosa

Post by Nosa » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:15 pm

Have to say,
What a great Idea for a meet, Just wish it was a bit closer to me.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:19 pm

Maybe we can get Koolchris there to demonstrate how to change my hood motor in an hour :D

I'll post up later, but could only do a Saturday or mid Sunday PM now because of rugby on a Sunday morning :(
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Bing, if this ends up being to far north I'm sure we can sort something out for us folk down south. I'd gladly help you with your roof motor.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:24 pm

srhutch wrote:Bing, if this ends up being to far north I'm sure we can sort something out for us folk down south. I'd gladly help you with your roof motor.
Don't want to hijack this thread, but Chris is in London and has already offered to help - he's had his roof off about 6 times and reckons he can do it in an hour with a helper. Definitely experience that should be shared ! He's just busy / away for a few weeks is all.

That said, your offer is appreciated, and yes - a southern one would be a good idea :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:26 pm

Yes, if it is in the civilised part of the world I can help as well.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:28 pm

pvr wrote:Yes, if it is in the civilised part of the world I can help as well.
Are you saying Kent isn't a civilised part of the world?

Z4 Coupe

Post by Z4 Coupe » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:37 pm

What date are you thinking at the end of September?

CornishRob

Post by CornishRob » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:16 pm

I would come along to help if i wasnt working to help where i could, learn a bit if it was south coast ish area.
Current: 2007 Titanium Silver Z4MC - For Sale End of Feb
Previous: 2002 Land Rover Defender 90

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ranski » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:18 pm

Ill come if im free and its around the midlands area

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:51 pm

Midlands - I'm happy to offer my help if needed, so long as nobody allows Ranski to try to wire anything on my car :rofl:

Just one thought is that you need to keep the work within reason given time, location, tools available, etc.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ranski » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:53 pm

Ive got a nice set of those LED angels i will be fitting on your Z :evil:

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:05 pm

ranski wrote:Ive got a nice set of those LED angels i will be fitting on your Z :evil:
That's what worries me. Every time I turn them on no doubt my filler cap and boot will open and brake light come on :)
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Nova2k7

Post by Nova2k7 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:40 am

ok so sorry ive not updated this, not had time!

in terms of location it needs to be a place with a power supply i would think. now im from Halifax and living in Bedford so unfortunatly i have no idea where a good place to do this would be. does anyone have ideas? once we have a location we can look at a good time to do it