Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DVD sat nav can it play DVD

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

DVD sat nav can it play DVD

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Is there any way to get the sat nav DVD to play standard DVDs? Either re-flash software additional box of electronic meddling. Or can you buy a car specific DVD player and plug it in? And watch on the dash screen? I am sure its not that easy things never are. Obviously i don't need it working when i am driving. I was just thinking next time i was in a huge traffic jam i could watch Falling down ( with Michael Douglas ) :D
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Re: DVD sat nav can it play DVD

Post by aquazi » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Could get the tv module and plug a portable dvd player into it, but would also need a cig charger for it.

The easier solution would be to have an ipad :P

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Ha ha your right i have one too.

Not quite as trick tho!!
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Zed Five

Post by Zed Five » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Machine monkey wrote:Is there any way to get the sat nav DVD to play standard DVDs? Either re-flash software additional box of electronic meddling. Or can you buy a car specific DVD player and plug it in? And watch on the dash screen? I am sure its not that easy things never are. Obviously i don't need it working when i am driving. I was just thinking next time i was in a huge traffic jam i could watch Falling down ( with Michael Douglas ) :D

E89 does do this. Quote good just listening to the sound as you drive actually. Currently listening to Layer Cake. :thumbsup:
Why is it that people who can't take advice always insist on giving it? 

E89 35is | BMW S1000rr Motorsport Ed.

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Show off :D :D Sure it could be done. I will have a chat with an electronics guy at work when I see him next. He knows loads and loves cars!!

willgill

Post by willgill » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:41 pm

im pretty sure the system is the same as in the e46 m3, if I'm right you definitely cant, easiest way if you have the TV module is to shove a dvd player on the AV input and watch them that way