Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Great South West Run...

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
pvr
Legend
Legend

Re: The Great South West Run...

Post by pvr » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:54 am

So you lot manage to mess Stuart's thread up as well with the South East run details :D
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

RubyBlueZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RubyBlueZ4MC » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:56 pm

pvr wrote:So you lot manage to mess Stuart's thread up as well with the South East run details :D
Sorry will keep quiet now.
Gone: Interlagos Blue Z4 ///M Coupe
Remains: Red Skoda Yeti DSG Family Wagon! :o and the Hubby's Topaz Blue Z3 2.8 Facelift

Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Woots » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 pm

so are we looking at the 6th..?
:driving:
Lotus Exige 350

JuniorJet

Post by JuniorJet » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:59 am

Woots wrote:so are we looking at the 6th..?
:driving:
Noooooooooo!!! The following weekend (13th) at the earliest pleeeezzz?
@th15tom
2018 Golf R Estate Mk7.5
2016 i3 REX

Previous: 2x Z4 ///M Roadsters, Z4 3.0Si Roadster, 997 Carrera and 718 GT4

RidgyDidge

Post by RidgyDidge » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:35 am

I'm watching this develop with baited breath... :-)

Sent from my iPad
2006 BMW Z4MC - Australian delivery means it comes from the factory with everything !
Added rego plate, stubby, CF grills, gloss black roof wrap, fuel, and my right foot...

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Cheddar Gorge it local to me and was mentioned for the run, it can be a great particularly with the roof down at night as you run through the high parts (sorry tin-toppers :poke: ) but has been closed for a few weeks due to flood water ripping up the road so worth checking for updates to avoid disappointment.

It's worth the drive if possible but you'l be lucky to get a clear run (and up is more fun), however these boys managed it, but it was 4am! Watch out for the unexpected spectator at 2 min :o

http://vimeo.com/22797851
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Cheers! :thumbsup:

It's been on my mind to get this moving, but the weather has certainly been bizarre. I'm thinking towards the end of Jan now, mainly to give those of us who are out of the country a chance to return and maybe for the weather to clear up.

Could do with some ideas for the route. Thinking Cheddar, across to Weston, Lunch and then go our separate ways. Easy for people to get to as M4 and M5 close by. Anyone know of a good pub, or picnic area near the top of the Cheddar Gorge road where we could meet?
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:29 pm

There are a couple of pubs at Priddy on the green a couple of miles on from the gorge
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... gland.html

or fit in one of my favourites like the Swan
http://www.swan.butcombe.com/

There are some neat and fast undulating runs over the Mendips on old Roman roads (watch those blind crests on the overtakes :cry:) that sort the tram-liners with 19" run-flats and lowered/poly-bushed suspension from the local boys with a bit of give in their set-up :P you can then drop down another little twister like Burrington Combe to head towards Weston if that's what you had in mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrn1d-jC4Yk
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Woody

Post by Woody » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:12 am

Surely we've got to stop here?!?!

http://www.grandpier.co.uk/rides-attractions

And go on these for £10...

http://youtu.be/Y2Fy6ISSpb8

Just to have a break from the driving :)

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:21 am

I have been on a robocoaster it bonkers!!!
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:25 am

Stopping in Weston is a good idea, I'm only concerned about the parking which IIRC isn't great.

Because some people were talking about travelling to get here I'm thinking Cheddar, the twisties to Weston, this grand Pier idea/lunch then go our separate ways.

Good with that?
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon

Stark
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stark » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:33 am

I'm good with that....long drive out sounds good!

Woody

Post by Woody » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:34 am

Sounds like a plan Batman! We could employ someone to watch over our Z's for the time we're on the Pier, eating etc?! Or just take it turns, on shifts... :lol:

W-S-M is only 10/15 mins from Junc 21 of the M5 too so would be good to finish there I suppose, easy for people to hop back on and get home. And karting, how epic is that?! Or dodgems for those who don't like speed and prefer bumping around...!

Could start at Gordano services, Junc 19 of M5 (easy to find) with a Costa coffee, big car park for pictures, chit chat etc and then a quick spin over the Clifton suspension bridge (awesome amazing views), then down the Portway and into North Somerset, drive some twisties for xx amount of time and then onto Weston...?

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:41 am

Woody wrote:Sounds like a plan Batman! We could employ someone to watch over our Z's for the time we're on the Pier, eating etc?! Or just take it turns, on shifts... :lol:

W-S-M is only 10/15 mins from Junc 21 of the M5 too so would be good to finish there I suppose. Could start at Gordano services, Junc 19 then a quick spin over the Clifton suspension bridge, down the Portway and into North Somerset and onto Weston?
Need to work out the route. Getting the timing right in Cheddar might be important if the tourists are year round. If its lighter on he tourist front we could do up the gorge, loop and back down as the up and down runs both have their merits. I'll get google maps up later on and start thinking about this. I'm flying to the US last week which leaves either the 20th or 27th as dates. Need to check a couple of things at my end, I have that nagging feeling I've forgotten something about dates that normally serves me well

Woody

Post by Woody » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Stu, something like this:

Obviously we could go up and down the gorge a few times and the roads I've coloured can be deviated from to give a longer, different route.

What do you think...?