Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

STOP-OFF IN CENTRAL FRANCE

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
ScorpionFrance

Post by ScorpionFrance » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:17 pm

If anyone is drivng through, or feels like visiting, the Soâne-et-Loire area of Burgundy (France), give me a shout and I'll be pleased to show you some places of interest in the area. I am close to the old Roman town of Autun, and a short distance from the original Celtic settlement of Bibracte, on Mont Beuvrey, which is well worth a visit. I usually drive via Reims and Troyes (steering clear of Paris), and it's 400 miles from the Tunnel to the pointy bit on the red pointer - so about half way down if you're heading for the coast.
Scorp.

Last edited by ScorpionFrance on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 Ruby Black 2.5si Z4 Roadster, Oregon Red interior - 2001 Turkis Grün BMW Z3 - BMW F650GS Dakar, Touratech - 2001 Triumph Bonneville Cafe Racer - 1991 Harley-Davidson FX Springer - Triumph 750 Street tracker - Lots of other bikes

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Re: STOP-OFF IN CENTRAL FRANCE?

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Will be driving down from lancashire to the Languedoc first 2 weeks in june but as we are taking a couple of nights in normandy before & after we will be taking the west coast route ( also cheaper on tolls :) )
Maybe via the Millau viaduct although i have been over twice before & thought it was more impressive viewed from below during its construction ? , ,
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

ScorpionFrance

Post by ScorpionFrance » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:08 pm

mr wilks wrote:Will be driving down from lancashire to the Languedoc first 2 weeks in june but as we are taking a couple of nights in normandy before & after we will be taking the west coast route ( also cheaper on tolls :) )
Maybe via the Millau viaduct although i have been over twice before & thought it was more impressive viewed from below during its construction ? , ,
Sounds like a nice trip. Maybe see you next year?
Scorp.
2007 Ruby Black 2.5si Z4 Roadster, Oregon Red interior - 2001 Turkis Grün BMW Z3 - BMW F650GS Dakar, Touratech - 2001 Triumph Bonneville Cafe Racer - 1991 Harley-Davidson FX Springer - Triumph 750 Street tracker - Lots of other bikes

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:47 pm

ScorpionFrance wrote:
mr wilks wrote:Will be driving down from lancashire to the Languedoc first 2 weeks in june but as we are taking a couple of nights in normandy before & after we will be taking the west coast route ( also cheaper on tolls :) )
Sounds like a nice trip. Maybe see you next year?
Scorp.
Will definitely be over the channel some time this year in the Zed . possibly when the tour is on in july ? 2 stages from brittany / normandy i would like to get to .
There is also another Z guy in Caen . Great for a euro Z meet up :driving: ?
What is your line of work in France ?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

ScorpionFrance

Post by ScorpionFrance » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:27 pm

mr wilks wrote: Will definitely be over the channel some time this year in the Zed . possibly when the tour is on in july ? 2 stages from brittany / normandy i would like to get to .
There is also another Z guy in Caen . Great for a euro Z meet up :driving: ?
What is your line of work in France ?
I'm 'officially' retired, but still do a bit of website work and also run a small business with my partner - helps to supplement the OAP!
http://www.scorpionruban.fr
Scorp.

olivierZ

Post by olivierZ » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:33 am

http://www.beaune.fr/

the best STOP near Dijon!
ex- Z4 3.0i - ESS/Eisenmann Exhaust, EBC/Zimm' brakes, Mtech/Eibach, H&R, 108 BBS!

sold, Z4M Roadster!
Brembo 4 pots+RBF600+Goodridge, Wiechers BAR, Supersprint Race, 19"<csl reps, Bilstein & Eibach springs!

Now Z4M Coupé.

ScorpionFrance

Post by ScorpionFrance » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 am

olivierZ wrote:http://www.beaune.fr/

the best STOP near Dijon!
Nice to see another French flag on the Forum
Scorp.

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Re: STOP-OFF IN CENTRAL FRANCE

Post by Jembo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:19 pm

Many thanks for the invitation ScorpionFrance, I have a friend in Payzac near Limoges who I visit every so often... will certainly drop you a line if cruzin your way,

Jem
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

ScorpionFrance

Post by ScorpionFrance » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:27 pm

Jembo wrote:Many thanks for the invitation ScorpionFrance, I have a friend in Payzac near Limoges who I visit every so often... will certainly drop you a line if cruzin your way,
Jem
That's a coincidence, I bought my Z4 from a chap in Limoge. May see you sometime.
Scorp.
PS What part of Kent are you in? I lived near Sandwich before moving to France seven years ago.