Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4-FORUM NATIONAL MEET (NO.4),6TH/7TH JULY,2013

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Z4-FORUM NATIONAL MEET (NO.4),6TH/7TH JULY,2013

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:16 pm

As per heading, a heads up to those who are wanting to come to this again,or for the 1st time. See previous meet post for more info...but basically(for those unaware),we get together on the Friday night for a meal and a wee drink in the Crooklands Hotel,Kendal(for those who want to come down on the friday aftn/early evening)for some excellent drives on the Saturday and Sunday, round the Lakes and York Dales,with routes again kindly organised by John/Sammyz.
(We also have designated toilet and lunch stops.)

MEET-POINT/START AND FINSH PLACE IS THE CROOKLANDS HOTEL CARPARK,KENDAL CUMBRIA, LA7 7NW...WE AIM TO LEAVE AT APROX.10A.M ON SATURDAY AND 10.30A.M ON SUNDAY :)

UPDATE 1 (28/6).....DETAILED RAFFLE-PRIZE INFO ON PAGE.11, ROUTES (ROUGH OUTLINE) INFO, PAGE.11; RAFFLE-TICKET PRICES/INFO ON PAGE.12.

ALSO, THERE IS A BAR IN THE HOTEL AND AT THE CAMPSITE, FOR A WEE DRINK ON THE FRI/SAT. NIGHTS, WHERE WE CAN HAVE A NATTER.

As has now become the case,the Saturday drive is a tad more relaxed,as we have some more scenic routes/some traffic from time to time,but never any that spoils our fun/drive....but is a great day not to be missed,and 1 that is always thoroughly enjoyed.

UPDATE 2(28/6)
THIS YEAR (and after a chat to John),SATURDAYS DRIVE/TRIP ROUND THE LAKES IS GOING TO INC. A TRIP TO BATEMANS BMW IN THE MORNING THIS YR (as oppose to afternoon) , And A WEE LOOK ROUND THEIR PREMISES.

ALSO,we have discussed the idea of a trip to the Motor museum straight after Batemans(very nearby),where we could have a wee wander round the Museum..FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT.......This is not going to happen, unless the weather isn't great, as had v little interest.
We are looking for FEEDBACK ON THIS,BECAUSE IF THERE IS INSUFFICIENT INTEREST IN GOING TO The Motor Museum after Batemans BMW,then we may either drop the Idea OR GO IN 2 GROUPS FOR A SHORT SPELL,MEETING UP LATER AT A DESIGNATED TIME/PLACE. SO PLEASE LET US KNOW,FOR THOSE GOING ON THE SATURDAY,WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THIS,AND WE CAN FIRM UP DETAILS,THANKS.
p.s there will still be Plenty of driving on Saturday,either way. :)

The SUNDAY drive is not 1 to be missed either,round the Dales.......and 1 that has now turned out to be more of a Driver-focused day,with less/little(if any)traffic mostly,and a tad quicker pace/although dont be put off,as those who want to take it at an easier pace can do so,as we have designated stops,and will give out info sheets so you know when and where our next stops are.(and can re-group there if need be).

Each year all those who attend have a great time,with a bunch of like-minded forum members/z4 owners,and we had around 45 diffirent z4s over the 2days last year,and around 30plus z4s on the Saturday drive....an awesome sight.

Some ppl attend either the Saturday or Sunday drives only,with others coming for the weekend(Fri nt to Sun late afternoon),so its doesnt matter if u can't make the whole w/end,be good to see u there at least 1 day. Please note,any1 wishing to come for the day and leave mid-afternoon,just let us and others behind u know,in advance/so no-one wrongly follows u home,haha.

After a great day(s) driving,we have a bbq** on the Sat.nt(weather ok obviously/but been good for past 3yrs now :D ),and have a Charity Raffle prizedraw........where some very good prizes have been won in the past/inc.BMW Watches,Sunglasses,,Wallets,etc as well as £100plus to spend at Sopers BMW(who do good forum rates/deals,inc free pnp) .
ALL PROCEEDS GO TO CHARITY.Last year we raised £265 for Cancer Research UK,and a similar amount the yr before for Christies charity foundation. UPDATE(16/3)....SEE PAGE 4/11/12 FOR INFO ON RAFFLEPRIZES**
:thumbsup:

**UPDATE......REGARDS THE BBQ,PLEASE JUST BRING YOURSELVES,FOLKS.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING ANY FOOD,COALS ETC,
AS I/WE TAKE £6 FROM EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO STAY FOR THE SAT.NT BBQ,AND GO ON A RUN TO A NEARBY ASDA(which has always given us a good choice of decent bbq food,etc,for all tastes)THIS COVERS PLENTY OF CHICKEN,BEEF,PORK,etc/ROLLS,CONDEMENTS, ETC,AND I BRING COALS & UTENSILS FOR COOKING..WHICH IS WHAT THE £6 COVERS,PER PERSON. :thumbsup:
Please note,you just need to buy/bring ur own booze,if needed/wanted,again from Asda,PLUS there is a reasonably priced PUB on the Campsite n :D

For those who want to come down on the Friday,we meet up during the afternoon,and have dinner around 6/7pm at The Crooklands hotel.

As before,i have BLOCK BOOKED SPACES AT THE Waters edge caravan/campsite,so POST OR PM ME TO BOOK THIS,on a 1st-come basis(aprox 12-14 spaces available),which is where we have the bbq.
Camping costs £12per tent,per nt,for a 2-3man tent WITH SINGLE OCCUPANCY,and 14.50 per tent,per nt with 2person Occupancy.(same as last yr).
UPDATE....I have now block booked all available tent spaces(12-14)at WATERS EDGE,so anyone wanting a space ,please post saying so,and i will pm you my paypal info,to pay me a £10 DEPOSIT,via PAYPAL GIFT,to secure your space.(This is non-refundable,as i will be sending the campsite a deposit chq by the end of the month/unless someone else takes your space)

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO BOOK SEPERATELY FOR WATERS EDGE.

After the w/edge is full,overflow is at Little acres site,across the rd,which u book yourselves,likewise those wanting to stay at The Crooklands,please book this on your own :)

There will be more info to come.

Those attending,etc......

1.Craig3.0,Int Blue M R.......FRI,SAT&SUN CAMPING (Fri&Sat nts),DEPOSIT PAID. ALSO MEAL(FRI.NT)
2.Sammyz,Im Red M R ............FRI,SAT& SUN. Crooklands Hotel (Fri&Sat.nts) ALSO MEAL(FRI NT)
3.GJC72,MonacoBlue 3.0si R...............SAT&SUN. CAMPING(Sat.nt),DEPOSIT PAID.
4.Metallicker(+Wife),DeepBlue 23iSdrive(E89).....SAT&SUNDAY,DRIVES. Crooklands Hotel(Booked)
5.Stark .....................................SUNDAY DRIVE
6.RJbaz3.4(+Wife), Blk Saphr Alpina R s........FRI/SAT/SUN. OWN HOTEL/ACCOMDTN.Also MEAL(FRI.NT.) NEW ADDITION**
7.Bladeowner, BlkSaphire 2.5i R ..............FRI,SAT&SUN. CAMPING,DEPOSIT PAID. ALSO MEAL(FRI.NT.).
8.TomScott, SilverGrey M C.......SAT.AND SUNDAY DRIVES
9.Jimbo1958.St.Grey 3.0i R.......FRI,SAT&SUN. CAMPING,DEPOSIT PAID. ALSO MEAL(FRI.NT.)
11.TAZ1990,2.5si .........SAT/SUN. DRIVES, Crooklands Hotel
12.CJ10JEEPER,St.Grey 3.0i R......FRI,SAT&SUN. CAMPING,DEPOSIT PAID. ALSO MEAL(FRI.NT)
13.OriginalGuvnor,MidntBlue M C........SUNDAY DRIVE
14.Philip27,MaldivesBlue 2.5i R .........SATURDAY DRIVE
15.Grumpybri, BlkSaphire Alpina s R,,,,,FRI,SAT&SUN. CAMPING,DEPOSIT PAID. ALSO,MEAL(FRI.NT)
16.Twist944,In Blue M C..........SATURDAY DRIVE ONLY.
17.Zermattv,Ti.Silver M R..........FRI,SAT&SUN. CAMPING,DEPOSIT PAID.
ALSO MEAL(FRI.NT.)
18.Marypoppins(&Wife?),BlkSaphire 2.0i R.......SAT&SUNDAY DRIVES
19..jaRED,3.0si Red Coupe..................SUNDAY DRIVE ONLY.
20.D6GMB(+Wife),Int.Blue M R...............FRI/SAT.&SUN. Crooklands Hotel(Booked) ALSO MEAL,(FRI.NT),2ppl.
21.LewisZMR ................??
22.gallaghb,Ti.Silver M C.............SAT&SUN. (Crooklands) Hotel
23.paddywright,St.Grey 2.2i R ...............FRI/SAT&SUN. CAMPING;PAID.....ALSO MEAL(FRI.NT.)
24.SJM3735, Blue 2.5i R.................SAT&SUN. CAMPING(Sat.nt).PAID
25.paulgs1000(&Wife) 2.0iSport................FRI,SAT&SUNDAY,CAMPING;PAID.
26.munichman 3.0si DarkGreen C ................SAT DRIVE(HOTEL)
28.Ste, St.Grey 3.0i R.....................SAT & SUNDAY DRIVES
29.Redlaw, Silver 2.0i R ..................SAT&SUN. CAMPING (Sat.nt) PAID.
30.pabs(&Wife),St.Grey 3.0i R................FRI,SAT&SUN.CAMPING(Fri/Sat);PAID
31.curro(+Wife) ,Blk.Saphire 2.0i R..............FRI, SAT & SUN. Crooklnands(booked) ALSO MEAL, (FRI.NT.)
32.DarrenSlone, Im.Red M R...............SUNDAY DRIVE
33.SideExit, Silver 3.0i R................ SUNDAY DRIVE(Work permitting)
34.BigOSean 20i s drive(e89)..................SUNDAY DRIVE.

**NEW ADDITIONS ADDED WHERE OTHERS HAVE PULLED OUT/TO SAVE ME RE-NUMBEING EACH TIME,LOL :thumbsup:

SMALL, N0N-Z4 GROUP......of past meet regulars....
36.Guiseley, Blue Porsche Cayman s.
37.DAVE1971,Blue BMW 335i....................FRI,SAT.& SUNDAY, CAMPING. Deposit PAID.(Meal Fri.nt.)
38.JDM,Red Audi TT

**UPDATE,2ND AND 28TH JUNE...SEE PAGE 11 FOR RAFFLE PRIZE INFO,FOLKS AND PAGE 12/13 FOR MORE INFO, THANKS :driving:
Last edited by craig3.2 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 65 times in total.
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

GJC72

Re: Z4-FORUM NATIONAL MEET (NO.4),6TH/7TH JULY,2013

Post by GJC72 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Definitely up for this. Will be my first one :driving:
Replacement: 2018 M240i Auto Convertible with plenty of options

Previous
2013 E89 Valencia Orange 20i sDrive Auto
2007 E85 Monaco Blue 3.0si
2003 E85 Sterling Grey 2.5i

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by metal licker » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:22 pm

I'll be there ,subject to wifeys holiday whims :thumbsup:
Had a great time last year :)
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

Stark
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stark » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Yup me too, first time for me

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:26 pm

For any more info on this meet,search for NATIONAL LAKES/DALES MEET 2010/2011/2012. :driving:
UPDATE....WHEN POSTING IF U ARE COMING,CAN U PLEASE INCLUDE UR CAR INFO,eg.MODEL/ENG SIZE/COLOUR,if not in ur sig,THANKS

Early stages yet,but have spoke to sammyz re planning/meet,as well as being in contact with about 20 companies regards prizes..but i have in past yrs been in touch with over 30 companies/individuals,and ended up with less than half that in donations,lol.

For now,i have secured prizes worth over £200,mainly from Sopers and BMW carclub again :thumbsup:
But will hope to get way more in time,and look to raise more than the £265 we did last yr :D
Last edited by craig3.2 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:26 pm

Wouldn't miss it Craig..... I'm in :thumbsup:

EDIT - sadly this clashes with the Scottish Game Fair.... which I need to go to :headbang: :headbang:
Last edited by Adamski on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Should have said,can u please let me know,via post, if u are a DEFINITE OR POSSIBLE,and if you are planning coming on the Friday aftn/night,OR Saturday and or Sunday mornings,AND if u are wanting to camp or planning to stay at Crooklands OR just travelling on the day.

Departure is 9.30 for 10a.m Saturday and 10/10.30am Sunday at the CROOKLANDS HOTEL CARPARK,IN KENDAL :thumbsup:

sammyz

Post by sammyz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:46 pm

Another year with the Z4M :o six years so far.

Yes put me down for camping/routes/smokey eyes at BBQ. Will try to get a good prize for raffle off Batemans this year as I've just ordered a new 1 series off them!!
Yas Marina Blue 35i.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Yes,John..they should give us/you a very good prize this year then/even better than previous yrs :D

Redzedfour
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Redzedfour » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Probably zedless by then so count me out, but if there is a change of heart from the gf i will let you know :cry:
Previous,Bright Red 2.2 Roadster
Gone 3.0si Sport coupe Auto,Pearl Grey Leather & Piano Black. MODS, Stubby,Aux,Aero Wipers,De-Badged,452's & Led N/P lights

bladeowner

Post by bladeowner » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Put me down for Fri, Sat, Sun, + camping please. Sounds Good!
2004 Sapphire Black 2.5 SE Z4 SMG

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:01 pm

sammyz wrote:Another year with the Z4M :o six years so far.

Yes put me down for camping/routes/smokey eyes at BBQ. Will try to get a good prize for raffle off Batemans this year as I've just ordered a new 1 series off them!!
Yes,and its still looking great,mate. :thumbsup:

AS for BBQ and Raffle,will be looking for helpers again,but will sort nearer the time,so theres less stress doing the Raffle,etc ,haha.....and going by past yrs,i think i/we will write the forum names of the winners on the tkts,but as before...if u are NOT PRESENT AT THE RAFFLE,it will be RE-DRAWN,as i am not posting prizes out/giving them to someone to pass on(too much hassle,i am afraid).

Will update info/routes ,etc when i speak to u John,and as i get more info on Raffle prizes,sort Camping,etc :D

Cheers

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:02 pm

Redzedfour wrote:Probably zedless by then so count me out, but if there is a change of heart from the gf i will let you know :cry:
Hope u still have it mate,and we will see u at the meet.

Redzedfour
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Redzedfour » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:05 pm

craig3.0 wrote:
Redzedfour wrote:Probably zedless by then so count me out, but if there is a change of heart from the gf i will let you know :cry:
Hope u still have it mate,and we will see u at the meet.
You know me if i've still got a zed i'll be there :thumbsup:
Previous,Bright Red 2.2 Roadster
Gone 3.0si Sport coupe Auto,Pearl Grey Leather & Piano Black. MODS, Stubby,Aux,Aero Wipers,De-Badged,452's & Led N/P lights

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:31 pm

Il be there was awesome last year! Craig and John did an awesome job last year! One of the highlights of the year