Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone use an Intravee with Spotify/Deezer?

Johnnymiller

Anyone use an Intravee with Spotify/Deezer?

Post by Johnnymiller » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Got an Intravee in my car, its got 2 adaptors to get it working properly with my iPhone 5. One voltage convertor and one 30 pin to lightning plug convertor....

Anyway, iPod wise it works perfectly. However i use Spotify/Deezer for my tunes as does the good woman. When i open the apps on my phone and play the audio it works fine, the controls work etc. the only issue is that the dash display shows the name of the previous track not the one currently playing. Anyone else come across or fixes this? im not expecting so as i guess this is out of scope for the intravee, im glad it works at all tbh as otherwise i would be tuneless!. :)

Cheers all. Also, sometimes when on the intravee it will randomly change the display to the telephone..... im running the latest version intravee firmware which i flashed this week. Any comments welcome!
Nunc est bibendum

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Anyone use an Intravee with Spotify/Deezer?

Post by Stuart Truman » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:50 pm

It's a limitation of the Alpine Unit not the Intravee. My Ford iPod kit won't find Spotify downloaded tracks but plays fine of driven from my iPhone (a 4S). After about 7 tracks though the ID3 and track number info freezes.

In the Zed track info seems fine although I've not driven far enough to get beyond 7 tracks since fitting my Intravee etc. You still need to select Spotify from the phone though
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

Johnnymiller

Post by Johnnymiller » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:51 pm

yeah, i get the track name of the previous track i've played. it updates constantly no 7 track limit etc, its just wrong thats all.... if i go back a track it shows the track in front of where you are, if i skip forward it shows the track before where you are...... my audi works perfectly with spotify/deezer off the same phone, displays the artwork as well. its not a biggy, just wondered if i could tweak anything in the intravee to get the tracks to line up properly.....
Nunc est bibendum

ba3bas

Post by ba3bas » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:48 pm

anyone had success with this? My gen 2 ipod touch doesn't work properly with spotify and intravee.

Basically, spotify will play for half a second then ipod overides it.

HOWEVER!!! I used my brothers iphone 5 with the adapter and it worked, played spotify uninterrupted.
ID3 was hit and miss, but im wondering if someone has it working, what gen ipod do you have as now i need to invest in either a newer ipod touch or iphone 4 just to use in the car.

And no I don't want an iphone as a main phone.
Im just bound by the limits of the tech available.
Untitled by Ba3bas, on Flickr

Johnnymiller

Post by Johnnymiller » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:06 pm

ba3bas wrote:anyone had success with this? My gen 2 ipod touch doesn't work properly with spotify and intravee.

Basically, spotify will play for half a second then ipod overides it.

HOWEVER!!! I used my brothers iphone 5 with the adapter and it worked, played spotify uninterrupted.
ID3 was hit and miss, but im wondering if someone has it working, what gen ipod do you have as now i need to invest in either a newer ipod touch or iphone 4 just to use in the car.

And no I don't want an iphone as a main phone.
Im just bound by the limits of the tech available.
My iphone 5 worked ok but the track names were out of sync but I could live with that. Since ios7 it now will only play the ipod music, the spotify works but when you get to the end of one track it reverts to ipod playlist. I'd much rather have a2dp but can't find a way to get this in the z4. Haven't spent much time researching this as car is probably going soon.

:(
Nunc est bibendum

ba3bas

Post by ba3bas » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:29 am

So finally got this sorted by simply buying a refurbished iPod touch 4th gen, downloading spotify and set to offline. Now I can change tracks, id3 displayed, made sure intravee was latest version.
Never switches to ipod even when ffwd through tracks. As long as I don't try and change playlists from display (as it only sees ipod playlist) it works. Same applies to sound cloud. Just make sure the app is running before u plug in.

Also when turning car off and then on again, it will stick with spotify.

Result
Untitled by Ba3bas, on Flickr