Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Snow this weekend

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
v8matt

Snow this weekend

Post by v8matt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:53 am

Does anyone have any idea how bad the snow is going to be this weekend up the M1 and near Sheffield?

I'm really hoping to do a quick blast up from London but don't much like the prospect of being stuck on one the seven hills in the Z.
Current: 1967 MGB Roadster, Tartan Red (5 speed conversion planned)
2007 BMW Z4 SI Sport Coupe Black Sapphire

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Snow this weekend

Post by original guvnor » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:59 am

I've got a wedding to go to near Chatsworth tomorrow and my local forecasters up here seem a bit unsure if we will actually get any snow or not. What they do seem to know is that it will be very windy and very wet but where the rain/snow divide is seems to be guesswork at the moment.

v8matt

Post by v8matt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:17 am

original guvnor wrote:I've got a wedding to go to near Chatsworth tomorrow and my local forecasters up here seem a bit unsure if we will actually get any snow or not. What they do seem to know is that it will be very windy and very wet but where the rain/snow divide is seems to be guesswork at the moment.
Thanks, fingers crossed for rain and wind then. This is what is putting me off http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... d#?tab=map - hope the MET office are just being cautious!

powerontap

Post by powerontap » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:35 am

We just got 30cm of snow in Montrel on the 19th! :x Same date last year we had 26 degrees celcius and sunny!

The world is really scewed-up.
Go Topless

Lillywhite

Post by Lillywhite » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:21 pm

powerontap wrote:We just got 30cm of snow in Montrel on the 19th! :x Same date last year we had 26 degrees celcius and sunny!

The world is really scewed-up.
It was the same type of weather in the UK this time last year. The reservoirs were empty through lack of winter rainfull, sunny warm days, roof down most days and then it all changed in April with cold conditions and rain nearly every day that month.
B****y jet stream. :cry:
2015 Mazda MX-5 Roadster Coupe 25th Anniversary Limited Edition (#0195), personal number plate
2005 Series 1 116i Sport, Titan silver, personal number plate

gallaghb

Post by gallaghb » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:27 pm

2 days ago Saturday was forecast as cloudy and 10 degrees. Now showing sleet and 3 degrees...
Really thought it was going to be dry so I could get out and clean the car! :headbang:
Titanium Silver Z4 ///M Coupe

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:38 pm

At least there won't be a hosepipe ban this year :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

winny

Post by winny » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:22 pm

My friend is a reporter for 5live and she's just been sent to Sheffield to report on any possible snow... And it's her day off, so they must be expecting something? :/

Sent from my Phablet

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Derbyshire has an amber warning expected 5-10 cm of drift. Just been out for a walk at lunchtime... So cold i can believe it!

This time last yr it was 20 degrees... I probably wont have my winter tyres off till april now!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Yes very cold in North Notts today as well.

Just seen a weather thing posted on Facebook which is suggesting 25-30cm on the Derbyshire hills/Peak District. Looks like I need to leave extra early for this wedding! :cry:

v8matt

Post by v8matt » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:22 pm

Made it there and back no trouble. Only had the traction control going a couple of times when I deliberately induced it. Very impressed all in all. Took ages to clean off all the dirt though so I won't be rushing to take it out again in this weather!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2