Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

A corking bank holiday Hoon! :)

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
domsz4

Re: A corking bank holiday Hoon! :)

Post by domsz4 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:48 pm

was going to in the westy but it kept starting to drizzle a little and was too damn cold for a car with no roof/doors or heater.
Proud Whip owner ;)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Was up at 5:45am this morning. 45 miles to my favorite reef break, on two a Cornwalls best drivers roads. Beautiful sunny morning on the North coast, if a little chilly. Saw three cars on the way there. :driving:

Rather more on the way back at 11:00am. :roll:

Roof down as always. :thumbsup:

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:47 pm

I stayed at home, watched football, gave the Z4 a wash, then put it back in the garage.

Might cut the grass in a bit.

Rather boring bank holiday for me :(
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Cleaned the inside of the Z this morning, then off out in the sunshine to spend some money on house things... Bought so much that we couldn't put the roof down on the way home :(

Might cut the grass for the first time in a bit, as it is lovely and sunny. Then again I might just have a beer and kick back 8)
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Bing wrote:Cleaned the inside of the Z this morning, then off out in the sunshine to spend some money on house things... Bought so much that we couldn't put the roof down on the way home :(

Might cut the grass for the first time in a bit, as it is lovely and sunny. Then again I might just have a beer and kick back 8)
Have a beer and kick back mate-you have earned it! :thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks Andy - beer open :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Bing wrote:Thanks Andy - beer open :thumbsup:
You know it makes sense! :)
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:58 pm

This morning - bumper off, clean up inside, removing winter gunk & rubbish, check all seals and connections on lights.

By lunchtime, sun's out, so it's roof down with the new Emeli Sandé album on..... Empty roads, "Heaven" playing (loud), sun shining........ Bliss. Now totally chilled for work starting tomorrow.

Tapatalking...
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:59 pm

markeg wrote:This morning - bumper off, clean up inside, removing winter gunk & rubbish, check all seals and connections on lights.

By lunchtime, sun's out, so it's roof down with the new Emeli Sandé album on..... Empty roads, "Heaven" playing (loud), sun shining........ Bliss. Now totally chilled for work starting tomorrow.

Tapatalking...
Well done mate!-was there much gunk behind there then?
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

trucker99

Post by trucker99 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:06 pm

went out up the A1 yesterday with the roof down for the first time since buying my Zed in Feb. Loved it and didn't give a toss about the hand gesture from another driver. :D
2.8 M Sport, mineral white and ever extra toy fitted + stubby
2.0 M Sport, Alpine White gone but not forgotten

gallaghb

Post by gallaghb » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Yep went out in search of some countryside yesterday about 6pm, roads were dead. Also had lunch with my mate who has a Boxster today so little hoon on the way back :thumbsup:
Titanium Silver Z4 ///M Coupe

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:19 pm

andysat wrote:
markeg wrote:This morning - bumper off, clean up inside, removing winter gunk & rubbish, check all seals and connections on lights.

Tapatalking...
Well done mate!-was there much gunk behind there then?
Oh yeah.... The road grease etc that's flung up in winter months is pretty bad, loads of it, sand, muck, leaves, pretty gross. Be nice to have an access hatch into here to clean it out. The back of the headlights was pretty manky also...

Tapatalking...
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

Beetlegav

Post by Beetlegav » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:31 pm

I went for a leisurely hoon over through ingleton to Kendal. On the way back I could hear a squealing.
My front near side brake is cooked :( knew I needed new brakes but jeez it must have got stuck on

http://s174.photobucket.com/user/gaaavi ... E.mp4.html
2004 3.0i **SOLD**
Current motor... ///M235i

Beetlegav

Post by Beetlegav » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:58 pm

i already plan on replacing the discs all round aswel as pads so its not too worrying, sod changing calipers though i hope haha
going to get drilled and grooved discs next i think, luckily i only have a 1.4mile journey to work so it will be fine for now, made a right mess of my alloy though, completely black and covered in dots. only cleaned it yesterday :(
2004 3.0i **SOLD**
Current motor... ///M235i

shortfuse 2

Post by shortfuse 2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:00 pm

done 155 miles today been ashbourne bakewell matlock for some dinner then bakewell buxton the highest pub in britian cat and fiddle then back to lichfield great time roof not down as it was only 2 degrees and the snow in places was at least 2 feet above the top of the zed on the mountain tops great day :driving: