Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

A corking bank holiday Hoon! :)

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Beetlegav

Re: A corking bank holiday Hoon! :)

Post by Beetlegav » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:32 pm

only every so often. its only started today... hope its not
2004 3.0i **SOLD**
Current motor... ///M235i

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:35 pm

that's a bit crap gav :(

i finished cutting the grass, then polished my pipes :wink: also put some more renovo restorer on a patch that had gone discoloured due to bird crap :headbang: came up fine though.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:37 pm

ben g wrote:that's a bit crap gav :(

i finished cutting the grass, then polished my pipes :wink: also put some more renovo restorer on a patch that had gone discoloured due to bird crap :headbang: came up fine though.
Have you got a darker patch now?? :)
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:37 pm

luckily no. i blended it into the other dyed areas using an applicator pad.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:40 pm

ben g wrote:luckily no. i blended it into the other dyed areas using an applicator pad.
:thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Beetlegav

Post by Beetlegav » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:04 pm

well im buying new discs and pads tonight and its going into a garage for inspection 1 on thursday. typical aint it
2004 3.0i **SOLD**

Beetlegav

Post by Beetlegav » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:14 pm

I wont be paying that much for sure! discs and pads £180 then get a friend to fit them. new caliper if needed about what 60?
2004 3.0i **SOLD**

Beetlegav

Post by Beetlegav » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:32 pm

85 a pair? ifso thats not bad, surely i dont need to replace both?
2004 3.0i **SOLD**

chris g

Post by chris g » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:10 pm

i did my favourite road - through the trough of bowland, twice in 3 days.....

I got an interesting fault light on the dash - the traction control light, air pressure light and the exclamation light all came on together. I ignored it - thinking i could sort it out later -- and a little later got the chance to wish that i hadnt....

the trough has quite high snow banks in various places along the side of the road, and when i saw them i was a little more careful because of the melting snow on the road and it was pretty cold. so as i was trundling along, 3rd gear, not terribly fast, but moving along. Anyway as a approached a particular left hander with a slight down hill, i got on the gas just a bit early... my brain hadnt quite connected snow bank, melting snow, downhill left hander .... and ... ooops... the back end swung around with speed and grace that took me quite by surprise. As i slid (in Mr Brundles vocabulary)straight to the scene of the accident - opposite lock doing not very much at all (think i had come off the gas at this point) - i slid in a perfect 180 into a hedge.

not quite believing my luck that i hadn't heard big impact , I gingerly drove out of the hedge to assess the damage..... amazingly, apart from a ton of mud clogging the wheels, no bent metal and no scratches through to metal....

2 things from that , one, it seems that those 3 lights mean that traction control isnt working and two, the "hoon" home was somewhat more sedate .... This morning, the dash lights were out ..... not sure what that was, but lucky not to be getting a quote for bent metal...
[img][/]2007 2.5 si, dension, new sub woofers and amp, cup holders,mods on the list, sound gen, exhaust bypass, lsd, cruise retrofit.....

jaRED

Post by jaRED » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Glad to hear you are OK, the roads are still very unpredictable with the snow around.

Be interested to hear which roads in Bowland you recommend, keep meaning to get out that way
Redzed coupe gone but not forgotten :? , Lotus Evora providing the smiles now :driving:

chris g

Post by chris g » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:56 pm

There were some surprising snow drifts up there

I drove to Lancaster (looking for petrol station that was open) came through quernmore and took the turn for scorton , bringing me back out onto the a6 at garstang - its a hell of a road, I have driven it in every car i have ever owned and i think i know it quite well.

Coming from Garstang - you take the same road through scorton, and when you ge to the t junction, you can turn right, and that gets you nearer your neck of the woods

Fabulous roads, i think i must have picked one of the few spots wide enough to spin in - they were absolutely dead too, looking back, i guess i know why now

Are there enough of us to have a north west meet up, there is a cracking burger van up there ?
[img][/]2007 2.5 si, dension, new sub woofers and amp, cup holders,mods on the list, sound gen, exhaust bypass, lsd, cruise retrofit.....

Beetlegav

Post by Beetlegav » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm not too far away. Drove from nelson to Kendal today which isn't too far away really. The a65 is a good road but Abit busy in parts
2004 3.0i **SOLD**

chris g

Post by chris g » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:43 pm

Beetlegav wrote:I'm not too far away. Drove from nelson to Kendal today which isn't too far away really. The a65 is a good road but Abit busy in parts
a65, devils bridge - very nice, usually heavily policed tho...

from kendal - is it the next junction that takes you through appley fair ? - thats a special road ....

chris g

Post by chris g » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:45 pm

Jonny essex wrote:
chris g wrote:i did my favourite road - through the trough of bowland, twice in 3 days.....

I got an interesting fault light on the dash - the traction control light, air pressure light and the exclamation light all came on together. I ignored it - thinking i could sort it out later -- and a little later got the chance to wish that i hadnt....

the trough has quite high snow banks in various places along the side of the road, and when i saw them i was a little more careful because of the melting snow on the road and it was pretty cold. so as i was trundling along, 3rd gear, not terribly fast, but moving along. Anyway as a approached a particular left hander with a slight down hill, i got on the gas just a bit early... my brain hadnt quite connected snow bank, melting snow, downhill left hander .... and ... ooops... the back end swung around with speed and grace that took me quite by surprise. As i slid (in Mr Brundles vocabulary)straight to the scene of the accident - opposite lock doing not very much at all (think i had come off the gas at this point) - i slid in a perfect 180 into a hedge.

not quite believing my luck that i hadn't heard big impact , I gingerly drove out of the hedge to assess the damage..... amazingly, apart from a ton of mud clogging the wheels, no bent metal and no scratches through to metal....

2 things from that , one, it seems that those 3 lights mean that traction control isnt working and two, the "hoon" home was somewhat more sedate .... This morning, the dash lights were out ..... not sure what that was, but lucky not to be getting a quote for bent metal...
I said a "Hoon" not crash your Zed my friend, hope shes ok! :thumbsup:
dented pride is all ...

jaRED

Post by jaRED » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:55 am

There's definitely a few around that area. And people do travel if the word Hoon is mentioned :)
Redzed coupe gone but not forgotten :? , Lotus Evora providing the smiles now :driving: