Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Why is the 3.0si so hard to find, I really want one!

First port of call for new members
andya1

Why is the 3.0si so hard to find, I really want one!

Post by andya1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:53 am

Hi guys

I sold my mx5 just over a week ago and I have decided on a Z4 3.0si facelift model so a 2006/2007 model would be perfect, but can I find one anywhere! The answer so far is no, the spec and condition are important but I am flexible on that, but the 3.0 seems such a rare car I am quite shocked as I thought I would easily find one, I have the money in the bank waiting to buy the right car :(

As Jeremy Clarkson would say "how hard can it be". well the answer is very hard :)

I am now without a weekend roadster and it is driving me mad there seems to be many more 2003/2004 models but it is the facelift one that I want. Oh well the search continues.

Andy

Derby Z4

Re: Why is the 3.0si so hard to find, I really want one!

Post by Derby Z4 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:15 am

If you buy a Z4 from a forum member,you will know it will have been looked after.Have you checked the "Buy and sell - Z4 vehicles only" section.Something will come up,it can take time to find the right car. :thumbsup:

andya1

Post by andya1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:23 am

Derby Z4 wrote:If you buy a Z4 from a forum member,you will know it will have been looked after.Have you checked the "Buy and sell - Z4 vehicles only" section.Something will come up,it can take time to find the right car. :thumbsup:

I am constantly looking on here as this is the place I want to buy my car from as I know it will have been loved, it's just frustrating that we can't get out at weekends in our roadster, but as you say one will come up at some stage.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:49 am

How far from home are you looking?

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:28 am

srhutch wrote:How far from home are you looking?
This be a good question. There are definitely some on auto trader, tough they are spread around a bit...
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Z4coupebeaver

Post by Z4coupebeaver » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 am

I'm afraid you just have to be prepared to travel. It's rare for the perfect car to be on your doorstep. This might mean having to drive several hundred miles to come home disapointed but that's how it goes with secondhand cars.

Good luck - we've all been there.

andya1

Post by andya1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:05 am

Z4coupebeaver wrote:I'm afraid you just have to be prepared to travel. It's rare for the perfect car to be on your doorstep. This might mean having to drive several hundred miles to come home disapointed but that's how it goes with secondhand cars.

Good luck - we've all been there.
Thanks for the replies I am prepared to travel anywhere for the right car but even on Autotrader at the moment there isn't a suitable car, I did an 8 hour round trip to see a Honda S2000 which was a dog so I have been there as well :)

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Swiftly » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:08 am

It took me over 6 months to finally find my low mileage zed, and it was worth the wait so I am sure there is one with your name on it somewhere andya1 :)
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:10 am

I guess is depends how specific you are being about spec. I just counted 29 on Auto Trader, most expensive is £13.5k - there are a couple on for more, but they are stupid money IMO - and the cheapest is £7k (though in awful condition).
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ranski » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:13 am

Also into double figures on BMW AUC

Where exactly are you looking?

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

andya1

Post by andya1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:31 am

I am looking on pistonheads and autotrader but I don't want black although I think it looks superb in black but they always look dirty don't they, it is the sport I want and with the spec I know I have to be open minded in fact there is a new listing on Autotrader today a 2008 plate which looks great but it is black and it doesn't have heated seats but it isn't that far away from me, as I said I don't mind travelling. I know it's a case of waiting and one will come up but as we just sold our mx5 we miss our weekend roadster now :) shame about black as I think it looks stunning in that colour qnd with red seats even better so that new 2008 is so tempting but I am sure I would regret getting black and no heated seats.

itguy

Post by itguy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:06 am

I wouldn't buy without heated seats - but I'm a cold person generally.

Also seems a bit penny pinching on a new spec sheet not to spec em! I think list was only £200 or so.
2003 Z4 3.0 SE Roadster. Manual, silver with New England red extended leather. Pro nav, xenons, carver hifi, elec fold mirrors, 6CD, dension gateway 100 iPod adaptor, tv, 108s, wind deflector. Fitted: Stubby, cruise control, ZHP, cup holders.

benlumley

Post by benlumley » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:11 am

itguy wrote:I wouldn't buy without heated seats - but I'm a cold person generally.

Also seems a bit penny pinching on a new spec sheet not to spec em! I think list was only £200 or so.
+1 - heated seats are the difference between roof down all year or not.
06 Black 3.0si Roadster

andya1

Post by andya1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:21 am

benlumley wrote:
itguy wrote:I wouldn't buy without heated seats - but I'm a cold person generally.

+1 - heated seats are the difference between roof down all year or not.
I agree in fact I was going to see that car today but the heated seats really puts me off and I am sure when selling it on it is an option that most buyers want so I will give that car a miss. I am happy to wait and my original post might imply I am impatient but I'm not it was just an observation on the lack of them, in response to going down the approved used bmw I don't want to pay their inflated prices I would rather buy private from an enthusiast.

itguy

Post by itguy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:42 am

I'm currently looking for a Ducati 696+ with termigionis in red with a red frame for under £4500 and can I find one.... I'm frustrated too. Why don't sellers take off their sold bikes/cars off eBay/AT too???
2003 Z4 3.0 SE Roadster. Manual, silver with New England red extended leather. Pro nav, xenons, carver hifi, elec fold mirrors, 6CD, dension gateway 100 iPod adaptor, tv, 108s, wind deflector. Fitted: Stubby, cruise control, ZHP, cup holders.