Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Turtle Wax ICE

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Turtle Wax ICE

Post by Breaker » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:08 am

Turtle wax ICE

Going to buy some this afternoon to give a try. Only because they have a Z4 in the banner advert on the site!! :P

http://www.turtlewaxuk.com/
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

tedster

Re: Turtle Wax ICE

Post by tedster » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:49 pm

Have you tried the turtle wax yet be interesting to hear if its any good or not?
2003 Saphire Black 3.0se roadster. EBC Grooved and Spotted Discs Green Stuff pads. Black and white roundels. Mangowalk stubby, Whallen shift knob!

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:18 pm

No, not yet. Will try this weekend. :thumbsup:
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:44 am

Finally tried the ICE quick detailer at the weekend. Impressed with it! :thumbsup:

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:25 am

Hi Breaker
Where did you source it?
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:24 pm

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:49 pm

Breaker wrote:Got it from Halfords! :thumbsup:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_123039
Damn - I searched Halfords and it returned a blank..Will pick some up next time I'm in town
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

BMW^Z4

Post by BMW^Z4 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:54 am

I hope to last 2-3 months and not need to reaply in 2-3 weeks ...
Sterling grey ,108 starspoke, alarm,KW v3 suspension,clear lights,cd/mp3, ipod 20GB, hardtop,manual,wind deflector, aerodynamic package, silver trim,Michelin pilot sport tyres, cruise control etc ...

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:05 am

The brand name Turtle Wax has been around longer than I have. Its name isn't synonymous with quality in any of the detailing circles I've been associated with for many years. In fact, Zymol that one can get at WalMart isn't the German Zymol and is actually made by Turtle Wax. If I were to suggest a product that is easy to use, relatively inexpensive, demonstrates very good durability and has a very good shine: Meguiar's NXT 2.0. The protectant is sold as a paste or liquid. An NXT booster (between washings) is also available as well as a relatively new product Meguiar's Ultimate Detailing Spray which comes in a black spray bottle an excellent product IMHO. I do not recommend the regular detailing spray which comes in a maroon/burgundy bottle. It isn't worth spit.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:06 am

20ducks wrote:The brand name Turtle Wax has been around longer than I have. Its name isn't synonymous with quality in any of the detailing circles I've been associated with for many years. In fact, Zymol that one can get at WalMart isn't the German Zymol and is actually made by Turtle Wax. If I were to suggest a product that is easy to use, relatively inexpensive, demonstrates very good durability and has a very good shine: Meguiar's NXT 2.0. The protectant is sold as a paste or liquid. An NXT booster (between washings) is also available as well as a relatively new product Meguiar's Ultimate Detailing Spray which comes in a black spray bottle an excellent product IMHO. I do not recommend the regular detailing spray which comes in a maroon/burgundy bottle. It isn't worth spit.
Glad I made a quick change then. I was in Halfords on Thursday and had my hand on the Turtle Wax and recall just as you mentioned knowing the brand for ever. 2 slots along was the Meguiars, so given I have a line of their products and use the NXT 2 wax I went with that for consistency and their brand. If it ever stops raining I'll perhaps try it. :)

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:26 am

I have used over a half dozen brands (including Zaino) for a base then using a natural wax over it. After all the experimenting I have done in the last 2 years on a black Z4, the NXT 2.0/Wolfgang Concours Fuzion has turned out to be the winning combination IMHO. Now for other dark colors I can't give a full recommendation only because I haven't tried it out on any. Lighter colored paints have different reflective properties and therefore react differently to various products. For durability and shine on a silver car, I believe Zaino wins hands down.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:40 am

I must try Zaino then on my Sterling Grey Zed and Titanium X5. I must say though that as an enthusiastic amateur detailer that is short on time and knowledge the Mini I did last weekend with my daughter, in Astro, black came up simply stunning after some PC work swirl remove, polish, seal and 2 coats of NXT 2.0

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:03 am

"with my daughter" most likely means that you did the work, and she organised the coffees? :D
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:11 pm

pvr wrote:"with my daughter" most likely means that you did the work, and she organised the coffees? :D
I can't even remember getting the coffee

TxMike

Post by TxMike » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:27 pm

Well...I'm not a slave to detailing, so I look for the easiest way that still does a good job. I clayed the whole car with Mother's claybar when it was new, to get all the contaminants off the fresh paint. That worked wonders for the smoothness of the finish. Since then, I've always used the Klasse AIO (all in one). It goes on and off easy, and looks great (IMHO) I did use the Klasse SG (sealant glaze) a couple of times, but it was VERY difficult to buff the SG completely out by hand...it's tough stuff. (There is no Porter-Cable in my arsenal, sorry). The sterling gray paint still looks and feels great after a bit more then 5 years of being parked outside almost every day in the Texas sun and rain. If I had a darker color, I might be tempted into a more involved process, but the sterling gray is very forgiving! :thumbsup:
GreetingZ from Fort Worth TexaZ!
2003 Sterling 3.0i Sport