Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DICE and AUX in compatibility?

sbtwister

DICE and AUX in compatibility?

Post by sbtwister » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:52 am

I'm getting ready to install a USASPEC PA12-BMWdsp into my '05 3.0i. This is very similar, almost identical to a DICE with dsp adapter, except it is all-in-one, and connections are a little easier. It uses the 3-pin connector and the digital audio connection in the boot, just like the DICE.
I already have an AUX in connector installed in the back of the radio. I currently use this for ipod connection, but will be abandoning this and replace it with the above unit.
Do you think I will need to pull the radio and disconnect the AUX in plug in the back? Or will the radio be able to handle them both?
Alpine white Z4 3.0i, Dream red leather, M-sport seats, suspension, Xenons, Hot seats, Prem. sound, XM Radio, Aux in, Strut brace, Black grill, CF Roundels, Stubby, Half foam, MM Tips.

sbtwister

Re: DICE and AUX in compatibility?

Post by sbtwister » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:36 am

And the answer is... Yes you can have both!
I installed the PA12 BMWdsp today. It is truly plug & play.it works great, and both iPod and sat radio can be accessed and controlled from the steering wheel controls as well as the radio control faceplate. AUX in still works just fine and shows up as AUX, while the iPod shows up in the CD mode. The nice part is that the PA12also has an AUX in port, so now the sat radio feeds in through there. It shows up as CD # 6.So, really no need for the standard AUX in.
USASPEC PA12 is highly recommended, and is only about $125 - $130 USD.
Alpine white Z4 3.0i, Dream red leather, M-sport seats, suspension, Xenons, Hot seats, Prem. sound, XM Radio, Aux in, Strut brace, Black grill, CF Roundels, Stubby, Half foam, MM Tips.