Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Missing CD Changer wiring

Shooter

Missing CD Changer wiring

Post by Shooter » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Hello everybody.

So, here's the deal. I want to play MP3 from a USB key in my car. I have a Z4MR with sat nav, BT, phone and DSP options. I've already read almost everything there is to read about this on this forum and others. I've checked almost all solutions available, from the cheap Chinese kit to the full Alpine setup, including Dension and other Dice kits. All these solutions point to the same conclusion : it is perfectly doable, it will use the MFSW, it will display the MP3 titles on the GPS screen, and if i go with the cheap Chinese solution, it won't even be that expensive at all.
So, here i go : i order a Yatour kit with the DSP module. I receive it and go an about installing it. I remove the carpet in the trunk, fumble a bit with the cables and the amp... and can't find the CD changer wiring. I get inside the car, remove as much panels as i can without removing the central storage unit... no sign of the wiring. I remove the stereo head unit, nothing at the back either.

Finally, i have a friend of mine check the original list of options using the car VIN. The answer is there: option 692, CD changer pre-wiring, is absent. As it turns out, my car is a very early Z4MR, and it would seem that very early models here, in Continental Europe, were not fitted with the wiring as standard.

So my question now is simple: were should this wiring be plugged to ?
I know that i'm looking for two plugs: one for the coaxial wire for the DSP, and one small three pins plug for the CD changer command. But i couldn't find anything on the amp or on the "central command module" which would fit this description.
Does anyone has access to this information ?

Thank you very much.
Image Roadster, Monaco blue. Stubby | ZHP Knob | M3 CSL brake discs | M3 CSL brake calipers | M3 CSL exhaust manifolds | Goodridge SS brake lines | Tuned exhaust silencers

srhutch

Re: Missing CD Changer wiring

Post by srhutch » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Www.realoem.com will assist you on this.

Only trouble is i expect the loom wont be available anymore.

Shooter

Post by Shooter » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Realoem does not help : i'm looking for the actual and precise electrical wiring of the CD changer loom.
In the various BMW notes i have found on installing the CD changer, they all have the wiring pre-installed.
In fact, i'm looking for the wiring installation, not the CD changer itself.
Image Roadster, Monaco blue. Stubby | ZHP Knob | M3 CSL brake discs | M3 CSL brake calipers | M3 CSL exhaust manifolds | Goodridge SS brake lines | Tuned exhaust silencers

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:33 pm

From what i read the plug is standard on UK spec cars, but not on the USA spec ones... maybe EU cars dont have them either?

sandsini

Post by sandsini » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:04 pm

I have an 03 Z4 3.0 (US Version) and thought my wiring was missing as well. However I found the wiring by inserting a screwdriver into the rectangular hole on the trunk side and levering up the black plastic cubby bin. I was only able to raise it about a quarter to half an inch, but the wiring was visible, directly under the bin, once I shined my flashlight there. I was just able to grab the connectors out with a long pair of needle nose pliers.

Good luck,
Eric