Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Walkers Autotech West Sussex

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Walkers Autotech West Sussex

Post by RickRob » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:39 pm

There seems to be a shortage of recommended independent service places in West Sussex/Surrey borders.

Walkers Autotech recommended by me and Kat:
kat wrote:
wegras wrote:These guys advertise in BMWCoop
http://www.walkersautotech.co.uk/
I have no knowledge of their skills but they are just south of Dunsfold
I bought my Z from Andy at Walkers, they are superb. Real expertise from BMW master techs and great service. I won't be going anywhere else. :D
I
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

kat

Re: Walkers Autotech West Sussex

Post by kat » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:38 pm

Andy is able to enlace an e85 roof motor including mods to the motor housing for £625. good price I think from a master tech. :D

2007 Z4 2.5si Sport in the best possible colour.

Midhurstman

Post by Midhurstman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:20 pm

I am happy to add my recommendation to the list of satisfied Walkers Autotech customers. Andy and his team are top technicians, very friendly helpful people and give the type of customer service seldom seen these days. Two months ago I had a major electrical catastrophe on my Z4 which saw the sudden loss of soft top opening/closing, no aircon, no internal light for indicators, airbag light on, radio on permanently with no volume adjustment, sat nav stopped working and the car could not be locked/unlocked by remote fob. Luckily the car could still be started and taken to Andy. Unusually, Walkers BMW diagnostics could not connect with the car electronically but, after some investigative work, he discovered a complete failure of the safety and gateway control module (Airbag module), located deep under the plastic storage area behind the seats, due to bad corrosion. The module is approx. £500 + vat from BMW and all the connecting pins and housings also needed to be replaced, so, including approx 5 hours labour (£60 ph), Andy prepared me to expect a total bill of £1000+

For the first time ever, in 35 odd years of sometimes having to get cars repaired professionally, I was presented with a bill on completion that was less than the quote rather than a lot more (the cowboys always report 'additional problems which took a lot more time sir, sorry'). The workmanship is faultless, Andy has one or two loan cars to offer if needed and I will never take a BMW anywhere else for work that I feel best left to an expert.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:53 pm

I've added them to my list of possible for Inspection 2. Do they do a courtesy car does anybody know?

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Midhurstman states" Andy has one or two loan cars to offer...."

I didn't need a loan/courtesy car as I live less than 1 mile from Walkers.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:23 pm

I've started talks with them, they do indeed have a loan car :thumbsup: