Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Highline Motors Brighouse

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
steveyorks

Highline Motors Brighouse

Post by steveyorks » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:54 am

Bought a Z4 from this guy. Airbag light on when test driven but was told it would be fixed. When collected I found it had been covered with black silicone inside the instrument pod. Car been back 3 times now and not fixed and they don't want to know. Instruments all failed , possibly owing to silicone, again don't want to know. owner is known to trading standards. Would warn anyone to avoid.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Re: Highline Motors Brighouse

Post by mr wilks » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:04 am

steveyorks wrote:Bought a Z4 from this guy. Airbag light on when test driven but was told it would be fixed. When collected I found it had been covered with black silicone inside the instrument pod. Car been back 3 times now and not fixed and they don't want to know. Instruments all failed , possibly owing to silicone, again don't want to know. owner is known to trading standards. Would warn anyone to avoid.
Always good to warn others & i know it's a bit late now for you but if buying from a dealer i would always google them first to see what's thrown up :?
As you now know there's not much good news :wink:

http://www.cardealerwatchdog.com/highli ... se-review/
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo + Golf R

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Tradings standards would be a first port of call. This car is not fit for purpose and will fail an MOT.

Presume you have recently taken delivery of it. You are entitled to a full refund if they cannot fix the problem.

steveyorks

Post by steveyorks » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:52 pm

Already been to TS who originally said I had to give them a chance to repair the car which was fair enough. they then said that if I try to sue the guy would only fold and start under another name. I have yet to go back to them with the latest events (which is that I am still at square one) to be fair but I will do.

Dale_B

Post by Dale_B » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:29 pm

That's shocking :thumbsdown: sorry to hear about that.

I hope you manage to get the situation sorted out. Let us know how you get on.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:56 pm

steveyorks wrote:Already been to TS who originally said I had to give them a chance to repair the car which was fair enough. they then said that if I try to sue the guy would only fold and start under another name. I have yet to go back to them with the latest events (which is that I am still at square one) to be fair but I will do.
There was a long post on here from somebody in a similar position when he sold his Z4 and bought a 1 series. In the end he broke even, but the situation was a lot worse as the engine failed shortly after buying.

Hopefully you problem is minor, but please pursue as much as you can the seller.

steveyorks

Post by steveyorks » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:12 pm

In some ways I feel better now I am going to sort the problem. Something to do with taking back control I suppose. I do intend to pursue it though, I don't let things like that go as its plainly wrong and unfair.