Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mazda MX5 Icon Special Edition 1.8 W Reg -Standard

You must have a post count >25 to post adverts in here (private sales only, no traders)
Ldale

Mazda MX5 Icon Special Edition 1.8 W Reg -Standard

Post by Ldale » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Mazda MX5 Icon Special Edition 1.8 W registration, original and standard.

Hi guys and girls,

If you are looking for a reliable, quality, ‘turn key and go’ car – sorted!! The Mazda MX5 - this is the one for you.

This car has been in my family since 2005 when it was purchased by my mother - it passed to me in 2012. It is the Icon special edition model that was based on a standard 1.8iS model MX5. Only 750 units were ever made. This particular special edition is now getting very rare.

This model/car is finished in Art Vin Mica, with 15" sports alloy wheels, low profile tyres and locking wheel nuts. The interior is trimmed in beige leather with matching lower dash, centre console and vinyl door trims A mahogany effect steering wheel, hand brake grip and gear knob made by Nardi, wood effect centre console and beige carpet complement the interior design with cream coloured dials/chrome rings and chrome inner door handles providing the ultimate finishing touches.

Standard specification also includes:

ABS
Torson LSD
Driver and passenger airbags
Seat belt pre-tensioners
Boot release
Central locking
Security immobiliser
Electric aerial
Sports suspension
6-Speed manual transmission
Power steering
Electric windows
Electric mirrors
Heated rear screen
Scuff plates
CD player
High level stop lamp

History:

Mileage 113,000 (please see pictures to verify)
MOT till June 2015 (taxed till January 2015, but due to the change in tax regulations cannot be sold with the vehicle)
Serviced every 9000 miles only using high quality oils and filters (Fuchs oil, Mann filters and NGK spark plugs). The last service was done May 2014 at 109,000 miles.
Sills at the rear on both sides were replaced along with a repair to rust on the underside of the boot lid at Cavendish Classic Cars Derby September 2012
The rear pads and discs were replaced (Jurid pads and discs) October 2012
Full coolant flush and replacement November 2012
The roof was replaced for a brand new custom made mohair hood from the best MX5 roof trimmer in the business Jack Smith Trimmers in Swansea (please Google to find all the comments on this trimmer) December 2012
Passenger side window regulator replaced February 2013
Rear callipers replaced March 2013
Full brake fluid flush and replacement March 2013
Full coolant flush and replacement August 2013
Thermostat replaced August 2013
New battery and starter motor fitted December 2014
Front brake discs, pads and calliper replaced (Genuine Brembo pads and discs) February 2014
Rear passengers side inner arch has had a full rust repair done at Auto bodytec Ladywood Birmingham March 2014
New coil springs on the front fitted June 2014
4 wheel laser alignment was done by A Line in Dudley (highly recommended) June 214
New cam belt, tensioner, idler, water pump and rocker cover gasket was replaced August 2014
Alternator and power steering belts replaced August 2014

The interior is in excellent condition for its age with few signs of wear. The seats have been conditioned with Doctor Leather conditioning treatment and are in very good condition, with no damage. The electric windows work as they should, without difficulty in going up and down, and all dials, switches and buttons, boot and fuel fill lid release switches are also fully functional.

Fitted with a Sony Faceoff CD player, with original speakers and the electrical aerial that works perfectly every time the stereo is powered up.

The car is also fitted with a Clifford category 1 alarm/immobiliser with an anti hijack feature.

The car still has its original spare wheel, jack, locking wheel nut and beige tonneau cover.

Toyo T1-R Proxes tyres fitted all-round, with plenty of tread left. In conjunction with this the alloy wheels were completely refurbished and look as good as new with no curbing or corrosion.

The hood is fitted with a heated glass rear window in perfect working order. The roof and roof seals are in excellent condition with no leaks, rips or damage. The hood has been treated regularly with Renovo Mohair hood protector and reviver to protect and ensure it has a waterproof layer on at all times.

There is a comprehensive history for servicing, receipts for parts, MOTs and tax documents. This is probably one of the best examples of an original unmodified Mazda MX5 MK2 you will find on the market today.

Mechanically the vehicle is in excellent running order with no issues to report. The engine and gearbox are running really smoothly. There are no leaks and it pulls superbly in every gear right through the rev range.

Overall the car is in excellent condition for its age. The bodywork/paintwork has been professionally detailed and has a brilliant shine –it looks stunning even after 14 years. The vehicle is structurally sound. All the arches are clean and rust free. The sills are in very good condition. I feel one of its biggest attributes is that it is totally standard and original. The car has never been on a track or rolling road.

Price £1495.00

If you require any further information please get in contact:

Phone 07762530577

Location Birmingham
Last edited by Ldale on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Mazda MX5 Icon Special Edition 1.8 W Reg -Standard

Post by Darren Slone » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:44 pm

I don't know much about these but it looks a good car at sensible money to me :thumbsup:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:54 pm

I had a mk2 - brilliant sport cars - with the limited Slip Diff and as a special model this is a great buy.

Don't think it would lose money either. . . . :thumbsup:

:driving: :thumbsup:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

ZermattV
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ZermattV » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:01 pm

like that - takes me back to my 2002 Special Edition - :thumbsup:
Awaiting an Alpine A110
2016 M-Sport Fiesta ST

- Previously - 997 Targa - Z4M 2006 - Z4 3.0 Roadster - MX-5 1.8 Phoenix

PaulG

Post by PaulG » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:10 pm

How much space is there in a MK2 MX5 compared to a Z4 ? My Z was a pretty snug fit. If I could fit in an MX5, I may well be interested in this.
03 Roadster 3.0L SMG - Now sadly gone and much missed.

Ldale

Post by Ldale » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:22 pm

Thanks for the kind comments.

It’s my brother’s car and he is borderline obsessive about it hence the strong condition. However he has joined the fold with a Z4, and as hard as I try to convince her indoors that 4 cars is perfectly sensible for 2 people; the healthy debate around one car for each season is not going well. So after many years in the family it looks like it will have to go to a new home.

“How much space is there in a MK2 MX5 compared to a Z4 ? My Z was a pretty snug fit. If I could fit in an MX5, I may well be interested in this”

A little less, I have owned and drive both and been over 6ft and with an unhealthy diet both are snug.

Less head room with the roof up in the 5, leg room is fine even for drivers over 6ft, little narrower in the cabin however I was quite happy in mine as a daily driver and I am not a small chap.

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:30 pm

The MX5 is smaller - you are further apart from your passenger in the Zed - with sports seats in the Zed there isn't a lot of difference in shoulder room. The seats in the Zed do go back a little further and offers more leg room. The seats in the MX are less sporty if you don't have a 'sports' rear they have more room but are lower at the back. It's a different experience driving the MX though to driving a Zed. Great fun to be had and if I was looking for a sports car this reads well. Boots about half the size of the Zed.

As the rear of the MX is lower than the Zed so there seems to be more space when you are sat in it.

:driving: :thumbsup:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.