Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Urgent advice needed

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Nelly Welly

Urgent advice needed

Post by Nelly Welly » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:07 am

Well I last used the Z on Sunday and then only to move it out of the garage to check and top up oil.
Put the car away without any issues and this morning.

Pop pop, pop it wouldn't start just one cylinder firing, with copious amount of right foot encouragement it finally dribbled into life feeling slight missing and a huge fuel smell.

After about forty seconds the engine settled to a more rhythmic sound so took the car out and set off to the garage to top up with fuel.

Stopped and started without any further issues and just drove a 100 mile commute and it just felt as tho it could miss a beat but never actually did.

Any suggestions ? As to the possible cause or has anyone else experienced similar issues ?

:cry:
Lost in space, found in a dustbin........

2005 Z4 2.2
2011 318 d Estate Recalled and repaired - Update: Turbo blown new one about to get fitted.... :headbang:
2008 2.0d Mondeo Estate Gone but not forgotten
2008 TDV6 Discovery 3 HSE

Adam D

Re: Urgent advice needed

Post by Adam D » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:31 am

Flooded the engine? Did you allow it to idle a bit before putting back into the garage? Flooring the throttle may have helped by cutting the fuel injection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silver Grey 2007 Z4MR which needs to be driven more :evil: :P :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Nelly Welly

Post by Nelly Welly » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:56 am

I was thinking about being flooded could it be that when I put it away it was still on cold start levels ?
Lost in space, found in a dustbin........

2005 Z4 2.2
2011 318 d Estate Recalled and repaired - Update: Turbo blown new one about to get fitted.... :headbang:
2008 2.0d Mondeo Estate Gone but not forgotten
2008 TDV6 Discovery 3 HSE

Adam D

Post by Adam D » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:51 am

Quite likely, the engine is cold and running a rich mixture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silver Grey 2007 Z4MR which needs to be driven more :evil: :P :cool: :D :thumbsup: