Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New key/fob issues

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Dog Biscuit

New key/fob issues

Post by Dog Biscuit » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:58 pm

I picked up a new OEM key/remote about four weeks ago and in the past days it has started to fail to lock/unlock. Sometimes after a journey it is fine, other times it isn't. Today I used the other (original) one that I have and it works perfectly well.

If I didn't know better, I would say that the battery is "dying" if it wasn't for it being a brand new rechargeable affair.

On a similar line, I was told that I would need to "swap the keys every couple of weeks or the battery will fail and you'll need a new key". This is contrary to the manual saying once a year as I recall. I've only used the new one over the past month and that is the one that is failing to operate, which make little sense. The original has been sat inactive for a month and is fine.

Any ideas?
3.0i SE Sterling / Black, Go Faster (Sport) Button, M Sport seats, 107s, Xenons, Dice Mediabridge 1500, MFSW, Cruise, Bluetooth, DSP, LEDs etc...