Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Lets see your Watches

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Lets see your Watches

Post by Angie4m » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:50 am

rossonr wrote:That's mine really showing its age now and needs new strap as broke the last one
Ah a good and trust Tag F1, you should consider looking for a bracelet for it. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the rubber breaking. Or you could maybe get a nato for it, that might work.
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

rossonr

Post by rossonr » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:52 am

Angie4m wrote:
rossonr wrote:That's mine really showing its age now and needs new strap as broke the last one
Ah a good and trust Tag F1, you should consider looking for a bracelet for it. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the rubber breaking. Or you could maybe get a nato for it, that might work.
Have ordered metal bracelet so will fit when it arrives. I use to wear it all the time and love it
Z4 3.0i black sapphire. Manual 6 speed. Cruise control. red Oregon leather. Dan's RAM air-scoop.Aux in. brembo discs and pads. 19" m345 replica alloys

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:59 am

rossonr wrote:
Angie4m wrote:
Have ordered metal bracelet so will fit when it arrives. I use to wear it all the time and love it
Good man. My first 'proper' good watch was a tag F1. It took a good beating, usually when I came off my bike or ended up on the deck playing roller hockey. It's nice when you can get it fixed and wear it again
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

rossonr

Post by rossonr » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:03 am

Angie4m wrote:
rossonr wrote:
Angie4m wrote:
Good man. My first 'proper' good watch was a tag F1. It took a good beating, usually when I came off my bike or ended up on the deck playing roller hockey. It's nice when you can get it fixed and wear it again
I never use to take it off. Even when rebuilding a house I owned. Has been hit with hammer. Yes I know wasn't a good aim. Been covered in paint. Dunked in water. And never let me down. It still keeps good time
Z4 3.0i black sapphire. Manual 6 speed. Cruise control. red Oregon leather. Dan's RAM air-scoop.Aux in. brembo discs and pads. 19" m345 replica alloys

ZermattV
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ZermattV » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:06 am

Some Nice watches on here

I have a few Christopher Ward's that I've become partial to

C700 Grand Rapide

2013 Forum Limited Edition

C60 Trident for work

2006 Omega Seamaster

1965 Omega Seamaster

Awaiting an Alpine A110
2016 M-Sport Fiesta ST

- Previously - 997 Targa - Z4M 2006 - Z4 3.0 Roadster - MX-5 1.8 Phoenix

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:09 am

Here are a few of mine. I don't really have a 'style' although I seem to have acquired more divers than anything else...

That will probably do for now... :wink:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

NeilP

Post by NeilP » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:11 am

enzed4 wrote:Here are a few of mine. I don't really have a 'style' although I seem to have acquired more divers than anything else...

That will probably do for now... :wink:
Love the colour scheme on your Touch!

I've always admired them!

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:48 am

Angie4m wrote:
Agree with Angie, and that bezel should be relatively easy to replace. I've popped the bezel off a couple of F1's to clean them and they snap back on. Your F1 with a new bezel and SS bracelet will look like a new watch at a fraction of the cost of a new one :thumbsup:
If you're not confident making adjustments to your watch, take it to a watchmaker (not a jeweller or mall kiosk).
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

rossonr

Post by rossonr » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:02 am

enzed4 wrote:
Angie4m wrote:
Agree with Angie, and that bezel should be relatively easy to replace. I've popped the bezel off a couple of F1's to clean them and they snap back on. Your F1 with a new bezel and SS bracelet will look like a new watch at a fraction of the cost of a new one :thumbsup:
If you're not confident making adjustments to your watch, take it to a watchmaker (not a jeweller or mall kiosk).
I like the idea of the watch aging with me. I wouldn't take away my wrinkles and scars so won't with the watch. Sentimental gift so don't want to change it too much

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:37 am

I have

Submariner that I wore as a daily for 10 years... It's knacked and needs a full rebuild, outweighs the price of the watch..

Ball engineer hydrocarbon.. Superb watch, bought it when the subby needed replacing.. Best timekeeper I have had..

Iwc fliegerchrono .. My favourite timepiece ever....
Took me years to find one at the right price..

Iwc portofino
Given to me as a present 15 years ago.. Only worn a few times..

matthurley

Post by matthurley » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:18 am

https://www.blackbough.co.uk/omega-de-v ... -register/

I will be inheriting one of these from my Father in law. Had it as a wedding present in the early 70s. Cost c.£30 new at the time
Z4 30i Sdrive Space Grey/ Coral Red

TR4man

Post by TR4man » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:31 am

MrPT wrote:Also, who has the hairiest arms on the forum? The bar has been set pretty high so far.
Angie so far....
2006 E86 Si Sport as a daily driver.

handy_andy_100

Post by handy_andy_100 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:39 am

85genius wrote:Another recent addition, modified vintage seiko diver

Claim to fame! That's my dad's watch strap! the "bond" strap, used in Goldfinger..... turns out they are using it in the new Bond movie too...... but they are using a rip off!! tut tut! ;).

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:42 am

And my daily watch given to my dad by Valvoline

Would love a Royal Oak but cant justify spending £10k on a watch. Maybe one day :-)

85genius

Post by 85genius » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:12 am

Z4M-2006 wrote:I have

Submariner that I wore as a daily for 10 years... It's knacked and needs a full rebuild, outweighs the price of the watch..

How bad actually is it? Its out of warranty so it doesn't want be going to rolex for a service they'll replace everything with a scratch on and ruin it IMO. Parts are available and cheap enough really and a service at a decent watchmakers will run you around £150. If it's a 3135 they are very reliable movements so I'd say even if the main spring needs replacing it could work out less than £200 you get it running perfect again, if you don't mind some aftermarket parts Clark for example it's going to be even cheaper.
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny