Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Daily drives

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
LeeZ4MR
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Daily drives

Post by LeeZ4MR » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:09 pm

Jasey wrote:
LeeZ4MR wrote:That looks really nice Jasey and I love the rims, which model is it?
435D Xdrive MSport+.

It's surprisingly :evil: and civilised at the same time.
Awesome 8) a friend of mine has one and he has been over the moon with his, enjoy yours :D :thumbsup:
Current...BMW F82 M4 Coupe 2018
370Z Roadster 2011
Merc GLE400d 2022
Caterham 7 2002

Previous...
640d 2012
330i 2006
Z4MR 2006
E92 M3 2009
X5 4.8iS 2004
TVR Cerbera 4.5

LeeZ4MR
Lifer
Lifer

Post by LeeZ4MR » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:14 pm

Angie4m wrote:
LeeZ4MR wrote:
Angie4m wrote: I will be driving a 4.2 S/C V8 L322 (that's a Range Rover Sport for those who don't eat production codes and speak in plain English)
That will be an awesome V8 beast for sure 8)
Hopefully it will be.......it better be! Luckily for me the previous owner had a new 'performance' exhaust installed to give a really nice V8 noise. So that's saved some pennies right there.

Just have a trek to Essex on Saturday and have a 330 odd mile journey back............the V Power points card won't know what's going on, it's used 'occasionally' :lol:
It will get through some fuel I would imagine and I talked my Dad out of buying that model because I shared my fuel cost experience of my V8 X5 with him so he opted for a diesel instead. :lol:

It will sound immense with that exhaust on it for sure 8) I love the full fat models :D
370Z Roadster 2011
Merc GLE400d 2022
Caterham 7 2002

Previous...
640d 2012
330i 2006
Z4MR 2006
E92 M3 2009
X5 4.8iS 2004
TVR Cerbera 4.5

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:32 pm

LeeZ4MR wrote:
Angie4m wrote:
LeeZ4MR wrote: That will be an awesome V8 beast for sure 8)
Hopefully it will be.......it better be! Luckily for me the previous owner had a new 'performance' exhaust installed to give a really nice V8 noise. So that's saved some pennies right there.

Just have a trek to Essex on Saturday and have a 330 odd mile journey back............the V Power points card won't know what's going on, it's used 'occasionally' :lol:
It will get through some fuel I would imagine and I talked my Dad out of buying that model because I shared my fuel cost experience of my V8 X5 with him so he opted for a diesel instead. :lol:

It will sound immense with that exhaust on it for sure 8) I love the full fat models :D
If I was needing it to go miles then it wouldn't be my car of choice but we are used to the low mpg figures. Watch this, I'll use it more than I expect.

Insurance company mirrored my NCB so it's pretty 'cheap' to insure too.

Now to find some tunnels :evil:
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

Jasey

Post by Jasey » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:42 am

LeeZ4MR wrote:
Jasey wrote:
LeeZ4MR wrote:That looks really nice Jasey and I love the rims, which model is it?
435D Xdrive MSport+.

It's surprisingly :evil: and civilised at the same time.
Awesome 8) a friend of mine has one and he has been over the moon with his, enjoy yours :D :thumbsup:
It does most things really well :thumbsup:

As a daily driver (for use in Aberdeenshire) it's, so far, pretty much the perfect package :driving:

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:05 am

Gone but not forgotten: SX4 - 2.0l, very 'peppy' (the later models with the CVT transmissions were rubbish) and heaps of fun. This was the 2WD version with ESP, more useful than 4WD for the driving we normally do.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:02 pm

No Rangie for me at the mo. Guy we were buying from called this afternoon to tell me that he thought the gear change sounded a bit 'clunky' and took it to the LR dealer he uses who've said it needs a fix but it won't be until next week.

Until he knows the extent he's refunded us the deposit and my train travel but if it can be fixed at a decent cost then I've advised we will still happily purchase.

Feeling a bit sad and peeved as I now need to drive to Durham tomorrow to drop off a watch. Correction I need to drive Mike to Durham to drop off a watch grrrrrr!

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997

Still Shy and retiring

LeeZ4MR
Lifer
Lifer

Post by LeeZ4MR » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:47 am

Angie4m wrote:No Rangie for me at the mo. Guy we were buying from called this afternoon to tell me that he thought the gear change sounded a bit 'clunky' and took it to the LR dealer he uses who've said it needs a fix but it won't be until next week.

Until he knows the extent he's refunded us the deposit and my train travel but if it can be fixed at a decent cost then I've advised we will still happily purchase.

Feeling a bit sad and peeved as I now need to drive to Durham tomorrow to drop off a watch. Correction I need to drive Mike to Durham to drop off a watch grrrrrr!
:(
370Z Roadster 2011
Merc GLE400d 2022
Caterham 7 2002

Previous...
640d 2012
330i 2006
Z4MR 2006
E92 M3 2009
X5 4.8iS 2004
TVR Cerbera 4.5

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:56 pm

You never know Lee, still might end up with the one we were already purchasing or a better one.

He's now looking at evoques...........eh no way! I want a proper 4x4!!!

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997

Still Shy and retiring

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Angie4m wrote:You never know Lee, still might end up with the one we were already purchasing or a better one.

Don't knock it Angie, ours is brilliant in the snow, frugal, great torque, quick, handles really well, what's not to like? Only gripe is the boot is too small, other than that apart from badge snobbery, which I'm not accusing you of, they are a cracking SUV.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:46 pm

john-e89 wrote:
Angie4m wrote:You never know Lee, still might end up with the one we were already purchasing or a better one.

Don't knock it Angie, ours is brilliant in the snow, frugal, great torque, quick, handles really well, what's not to like? Only gripe is the boot is too small, other than that apart from badge snobbery, which I'm not accusing you of, they are a cracking SUV.
I'm not knocking it but the reason we were going to get a RR was because we do a lot of camping, we do shooting and sometimes you need to get to the back of beyond and a Skyline and a Z4 don't quite cut it to get there. He also does airsofting which also has the same issues.

He's currently watching evoque videos but I'm taking him to the local LR dealership tomorrow so he can see both side by side and have a seat and see what he thinks. I would need to drive an evoque to see what it was like, I do really like them and registered interested when LR said it was going to become a reality but the RR & RRS just drive like your wafting on air. They are a beautiful car to drive.

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997

Still Shy and retiring

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Angie4m wrote:
john-e89 wrote:

I'm not knocking it but the reason we were going to get a RR was because we do a lot of camping, we do shooting and sometimes you need to get to the back of beyond and a Skyline and a Z4 don't quite cut it to get there. He also does airsofting which also has the same issues.

He's currently watching evoque videos but I'm taking him to the local LR dealership tomorrow so he can see both side by side and have a seat and see what he thinks. I would need to drive an evoque to see what it was like, I do really like them and registered interested when LR said it was going to become a reality but the RR & RRS just drive like your wafting on air. They are a beautiful car to drive.
If you need lots of space for gear then yes the Evoque falls way short, we just chuck a roof box on for hols etc, and the RR by definition may well ride better if you can live with the expense and size, but as for getting into remote, difficult area's the Evoque is perfectly capable and I'd say easily a match for a RR in that situation, in fact after driving my mate's supercharged v8 a few years ago in snow I'd say the Evoque is more controllable in snow.

Anyway each to their own and the RR is a cracking motor, I'd have one if funds we're aplenty but we're very happy with the 'Beckham bus' :lol: and living in the Peak District it does all we need.

Best of luck getting your RR. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:18 pm

john-e89 wrote:
Angie4m wrote:
john-e89 wrote:

If you need lots of space for gear then yes the Evoque falls way short, we just chuck a roof box on for hols etc, and the RR by definition may well ride better if you can live with the expense and size, but as for getting into remote, difficult area's the Evoque is perfectly capable and I'd say easily a match for a RR in that situation, in fact after driving my mate's supercharged v8 a few years ago in snow I'd say the Evoque is more controllable in snow.

Anyway each to their own and the RR is a cracking motor, I'd have one if funds we're aplenty but we're very happy with the 'Beckham bus' :lol: and living in the Peak District it does all we need.

Best of luck getting your RR. :thumbsup:
Thank you John. Your feedback is exactly what we need. It's one thing trying it on the road but hearing real feedback from owners helps beyond doubt.

I will pass on your comments re the evoque. As we don't do more than 4k a RR can be 'justified' at least he's thinking more 'practical' than his mate who traded in his 996 which had been off the road for 4 years, added his bonus and blew it on a white Lambo which will now probably live in the garage again.

We have the funds there ready to buy a new car.........but we aren't going to spoodge on the first one we see be it RR or Evoque.

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997

Still Shy and retiring

Hilly30si

Post by Hilly30si » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:10 am

When the wife had her Evoque JRR sent us a free off road day, the Evoque is a revelation off road really suprised me. Now if you want off road we followed a Disco up the off-road course, as Tina Turner would say simply the best end of
My Cars

2021 X3 M Sport loaded with Tec
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Gone but not forgotten
2008 Z4 3.0 SI Roadster

LeeZ4MR
Lifer
Lifer

Post by LeeZ4MR » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:13 am

Really hope it turns out for the best for you Angie whichever way :thumbsup: and the feedback from owners of the evoque seem really positive too, so wishing you all the best either way. :)
370Z Roadster 2011
Merc GLE400d 2022
Caterham 7 2002

Previous...
640d 2012
330i 2006
Z4MR 2006
E92 M3 2009
X5 4.8iS 2004
TVR Cerbera 4.5

RJS-Z4

Post by RJS-Z4 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:26 am

It's this for me:

Just before leaving for work one summers morning.
Titanium Silver E85 Mods Done - 224's, Stubby, Amarone //M seats, ZHP, Retrofitted Wind Deflector, Aux In