Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M3 encounter

"M" Specific discussion
AlexRWD

M3 encounter

Post by AlexRWD » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:22 am

Apologies if this has been commented on many times before, but on my way home last night, approaching a favourite stretch of d/c I saw there was an M3 1 car in front of me, obviously v keen to bully the car in front of him out of the way, and I hoped there might be an opportunity to compare performance with the same engine in different bodies.

For this stretch of road there is a traffic light at the bottom of a dip, then a decent length of road, initially uphill, then levels out and curves gently left and you get a great run to the next traffic lights if nothing in front of you.

Approaching the lights the car in front of me pulled aside, and I could hear Mr M3 on the throttle, hoping to clear the car in front of him.

Stopped at lights, off we all went, car in front of M3 cleared and he floored it, with me at the same time.

I was easily glued to his bumper with reserve throttle travel left, all the way up to silly speed, and of course, being a BMW driver, he wouldn't move aside. :lol:

Exchanged pleasantries at the next lights, he was clearly impressed with the Z4M performance, as was I :thumbsup: - maybe next time he sees one he will move aside :P
Merc SL55 AMG
previous cars: Interlagos blue Z4MR, TVR Tamora