Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NC500 - possible to be enjoyed in 4 days PHOTOS

Planned road trips and road-trip reports go in here
si-forks
Lifer
Lifer

NC500 - possible to be enjoyed in 4 days?

Post by si-forks » Tue May 10, 2016 7:11 am

TR4man wrote:
Could you (or someone) kindly mind explaining the route? Maybe on Google Maps? I've heard quite a lot about the NC500 but I'm not sure what the route is.
+1 please
Quick Google and I found this
NC500-Logo.jpg
NC500-Logo.jpg (83.32 KiB) Viewed 1721 times
E85 Z4R 3.0si 2006 current:
Audi A3 saloon TFSI DD
Harley Davidson FLH 1969

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Tue May 10, 2016 7:20 am

Still on my "to do" list though can't see it being this year now :cry: unless Dec/Jan or Feb & not sure thats doable ?
as Si found online , this link is a good read to getting started https://www.visitscotland.com/blog/scot ... coast-500/
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo + Golf R

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Tue May 10, 2016 7:36 am

paulgs1000 wrote:That's from Newcastle upon Tyne - there and back. Having done the NC500 before over a leisurely 5 days, Steph and I are returning with a Forum group leaving today. Is it possible to enjoy the roads AND the views in a shorter visit?
Paulgs1000, Cherrym, Chezsherman, PorthoZ4 and AlienZed are heading out this morning to complete most (but not all) of the NC500.
Zed's all cleaned and prepped, maps and sat nav ready, meetings completed with all others involved AND the weather looks to be on side . . . we shall see. :D :driving: :thumbsup:
Allen was up early with some great pics of the Loch , looking forward to some reports & pics as not much of either RE the last visit :poke: :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo + Golf R

Havard

Post by Havard » Tue May 10, 2016 7:39 am

Did some of this last year and the visit to Achmelvich was the high point for me. Didn't do any of the east coast though.

H.
ImageImage

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:12 am

Thanks for the reply all - hope today's weather is as good. . .we shall see.
Been swamped by some all consuming family crisis since Christmas Craig, hence frustration at not organising runs - hopefully we'll have a clearer second half to the year but I doubt it. We'll get back to it when we can.
Fortunately we have had a break or two and already completed the NC this year and it was sensational. This run is as a result of Cherrym wishing to return to do most of the route. He's done it many times on his motorbikes - wanted to do it in the Zed and we said we'd join him then the midweekers joined in.
Will post a better account when we've finished.
Just had Alfa Scorcessi (forum member) call in
AlienZed B&B and should see him at breakfast. Last met on the Skye run. :thumbsup:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

AlfaScozzesi

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Tue May 10, 2016 3:49 pm

paulgs1000 wrote:Thanks for the reply all - hope today's weather is as good. . .we shall see.
Been swamped by some all consuming family crisis since Christmas Craig, hence frustration at not organising runs - hopefully we'll have a clearer second half to the year but I doubt it. We'll get back to it when we can.
Fortunately we have had a break or two and already completed the NC this year and it was sensational. This run is as a result of Cherrym wishing to return to do most of the route. He's done it many times on his motorbikes - wanted to do it in the Zed and we said we'd join him then the midweekers joined in.
AlienZed B&B and should see him at breakfast. Last met on the Skye run. :thumbsup:
As Paul said dropped by to say hello as they were just around the corner. It was good to meet the rest of the North East group along with AlienZed. As at the weekend great to put faces to names.

Well after ten minutes the thought of bunking off work took shape and an hour later I joined everyone for the drive to Aileen Donnan Castle!

Weather is still amazing and the drive was good especially on the (one of the best bits of road in the country) Invergarry to Aileen Donnan part. The journey back was a belter as no traffic or it came at the correct times so was almost max attack :evil: :driving:

Hope you all had a great afternoons driving to Applecross and for the rest of you reading I can let you know that there were loads of photos taken but not by me :(

I am sure there will be some posted later tonight when they all arrive.

Thanks again guys and gals for welcoming an additional driving partner to your group this morning and just to let you know the afternoons plan is working beutifully!

BBQ on and the Hendricks and tonic is cold :thumbsup:

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Tue May 10, 2016 3:56 pm

I just received this picture from a friend via WhatsApp. What are the chances?! :o

2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Tue May 10, 2016 4:31 pm

Brilliant :thumbsup: - small world :)
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Tue May 10, 2016 6:24 pm

That looks a fantastic trip especially as the weather's so good at the moment up here.I'm guessing the roads are relatively tourist free as well....win,win situation.
From the pics posted I think I recognise Inveraray,the road just up over the "rest and be thankful",the bridge at Balachullish and possibly the "main" street in Plockton
Did you guys go down to Lochgilphead and then up the coast or under the arch at Inveraray? Whatever route you've taken it looks like you've added all the good bits onto "NC500" ..........my favourite section of 500 when we used to bike it was Ullapool to Durness,near perfect when it's quiet.
When you get round to it at home ,I'd be interested to hear your views on the accomodation used,I have a sneaking suspicion that the prices are climbing with all the extra tourists in the area in their "fancy sports cars".......good for the local economy though.
Hope the weather holds for you guys for the whole road trip :driving: :thumbsup:
Last edited by Highlander on Thu May 12, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Tue May 10, 2016 7:41 pm

You lucked out this time guys - wall to wall sunshine at the moment. You are so greedy though - twice in 6 weeks :lol:

We keep sending this many cars north someone wil. Come up with the idea of adding toll booths !
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue May 10, 2016 7:51 pm

Bing wrote:You lucked out this time guys - wall to wall sunshine at the moment. You are so greedy though - twice in 6 weeks :lol:

We keep sending this many cars north someone wil. Come up with the idea of adding toll booths !
Some petrol stations with super unleaded would be a good idea to.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Tue May 10, 2016 8:32 pm

Some continental road workers skills would also not go amiss ...
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:46 am

paulgs1000 wrote:Thanks for the reply all - hope today's weather is as good. . .we shall see.
Yeah,twice in Scotland,yet too busy...love it.

You have come at the right time,weathers been good. :driving: roof down.

Done most of these roads over the years, with forum runs and things,,but never felt the urge to do it all in one go,it would be too much driving.

Had a great blast today in the other 4 sitting in our drive just now...a nice and shiny x4 30d msport in Carbon black :D
God this thing is surprisingly quick when in sport/manual mode using the paddle shifters :driving:

Enjoy the rest of your trip :thumbsup:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

TR4man

Post by TR4man » Wed May 11, 2016 6:39 am

MrPT wrote:I just received this picture from a friend via WhatsApp. What are the chances?! :o

They can run (drive) but they can't hide!
2006 E86 Si Sport as a daily driver.

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:04 am

craig3.2 wrote:
Yeah,twice in Scotland,yet too busy...love it.

:
Think before you post Craig . . .

Had the shocking and totally unexpected news that Steph's Dad has 6-12 months to live. Fit active and fine bloke hit by multiple cancers. Like I said totally unexpected and an outdoors guy (farmer) it's a hell of a blow to the family. Lots of trips to Cambridge as a result. Plus two of my kids (adults!) hitting dramas that's changed family circumstances massively and called for lots of our input - private so I'm not posting that up. You might think 2 trips to Scotland (organised by others) in 5 months is a lot but just at the minute it's a bloody godsend.

Hope thats clearer for you now. I repeat - Bit of a busy time - hence no forum runs planned so far this season.

And no apologies for the rant - I did specifically point out to you, there had been serious issues.

See you at the Nationals.
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.