Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof won't close

billdun

Roof won't close

Post by billdun » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi Smurfalot
How did you get on with your repair? Do you know why the motor failed, was it water ingress like mine?
You will be delighted you got the longer warranty, the hydro unit plus associated gubbins comes to over £700 +vat.

Bill

Smurfalot

Roof won't close

Post by Smurfalot » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Nah, wasn't water ingress. Having to replace fuse unit in the boot too, so poss blew a fuse when the motor packed up. May have been on its way. Car is an 09 plate.
Warranty doesn't cover the entire unit, only the motor within the unit. Pedantic.
However, total bill is £900, and they are picking up a chunk of it.
Will just have to leave the EDT & auto box service, I was considering, until another time lol.
Now: Jaguar XF R Sport red/black leather and soooo many new toys
Gone :cry: sdrive 30i, silver, black leather, 19" wheels
Gone :cry: 2.0i sport. Black. Black Piano trim. Black Leather.

ProtectingSoup

Roof won't close

Post by ProtectingSoup » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:03 pm

I know this is years later but hopefully it helps someone. I have a 2003 Z4 E85, all of a sudden roof top wouldn't latch to the windshield, sounded like the motor was trying but it wasn't turning output shaft at all. Took the motor apart and found the gears were broken, you can order new gears from amazon that are metal(linked below), instead of the plastic ones BMW used for whatever reason. Hope this helps someone!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CR ... UTF8&psc=1