Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Look what my son did to my new Z4

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:30 pm

What an awful story, I feel for you Bulmor, random acts from a stranger are sad but it happens, from your own son I can only guess.

Keep positive friend, as said already the car will be replaced in time, I hope you find peace and your son gets help. Don't be a stranger. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Tue May 09, 2017 7:34 pm

What I nightmare, I really feel for you and your family. I did type out of a similar episode we had in the early 80s with my older brother but deleted it. I hope he sorts himself out and seeks help.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Tue May 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Gutted for you, sorry to hear about your family issues, sounds like a nightmare :|
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

bulmor

Post by bulmor » Tue May 09, 2017 7:51 pm

I've never been one for needing much support, but this is a new one on me.

Naturally family/relationships etc is the really important stuff. But guess its just nice to get a few comments from those who understand how much of a loss it is, losing your new pride and joy Z4, especially in such circumstances. So thanks for the comments, means a lot.

bluespit

Post by bluespit » Tue May 09, 2017 8:15 pm

thats a sorry story I feel for you pal

shallow words but I'm sure everything will turn out ok in the end and if its not yet turned out OK then its not yet the end

hope you get sorted and your family feels safe and secure. I also hope your son finds some peace in his life
now I'm about to have more time I've suddenly got less toys to play with!

bulmor

Post by bulmor » Tue May 09, 2017 8:16 pm

Thanks bluespit

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Tue May 09, 2017 8:19 pm

So sad to see your zed looking like that :(
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Tue May 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Marlon wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 6:38 pm :o Speechless :(
This
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Tue May 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Wow that is harsh proper mixed up kid to do that much damage hope he gets some help.Sure things will right themselves and at the end of the day it's a car which can be replaced.can you not garage your replacement so this can't happen again.Also as someone said earlier defo buy back from insurance as you will recoup some funds and also be the donor for some other poor zeds needing help then at least you will know you are saving lives (cars)lol joking aside hope you and yours are ok and keep safe op good luck for the future :thumbsup:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Tue May 09, 2017 9:25 pm

What a genuinely sad event & if only the family problem was sorted as quick as a change of car :( i can think of little worse than being in your situation , best wishes for some sort of positive outcome
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:27 pm

Desperate for all concerned - especially after you've tried and supported him. Not surprised you're feeling a little bewildered and sad over this much loss.

However, plenty of Zeds about and they are getting more and more affordable. You might approach the task of finding a replacement as a distraction even though it's loss is caused by your son and his problems. Try and keep the two separate - there's no doubt he's taken out his feelings on the Zed but don't let that affect your enjoyment of Zed ownership, it's a different thing altogether. I hope you get some respite and enjoyment from your replacement Zed and can put this behind you over time - which in my experience is the great healer.

As for what to have done under the circumstances - absolutely the best thing is to have left him at that point - you've already done your bit - so good you didn't end up complicating matters by physical action. You'll replace your Zed much more easily than repairing you and your sons situation if things had got even worse.

Hope you get some peace with this soon and all the best. (I've got 5 kids and 3 step kids . . . . issues issues. . .)
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Tue May 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Wow, bulmor, that's really bad news on so many levels! As others have said, bad enough when it's a stranger damaging your P&J, worse when it's someone you know, and for it to be close family beggars belief!

Good luck with the search, and hope your son gets himself into a better place soon!
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:43 pm

After going through 10 years+ of torture/abuse from someone, one thing I learned was a bit of healthy paranoia. The first thing I thought of was that this is a public forum/thread. I'd be concerned that your son may read what's been written by you and others here, and it may incite him to react.
As I said, maybe a bit of paranoia, but anyone can read this thread.
Take care, I hope you can work through this and move on with life - a replacement Z4 would be great, but can you not secure it anywhere?
Best of luck.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Udspie

Post by Udspie » Tue May 09, 2017 11:37 pm

bulmor wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 6:45 pm Thanks Udspie,

Yeah, had it been someone I didn't know, I would most likely of waded in. With your son, well what do you do.

Reluctantly now looking for a replacement, assuming they do write it off. Already started asking me lots of silly questions, can't help feeling they're just trying to find ways to potentially pay me less, but probably just me being paranoid after a tough couple of days.

Just for extra salt in the wound, have only had her two months and, have paid out another approx £900 during this time getting her tip top
The car can be replaced mate, it could have been a lot worse for all.....chin up bud and try and look forward to your next shopping spree :driving:
Z4 23i Roadster

Udspie

Post by Udspie » Tue May 09, 2017 11:39 pm

markeg wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 9:31 pm Wow, bulmor, that's really bad news on so many levels! As others have said, bad enough when it's a stranger damaging your P&J, worse when it's someone you know, and for it to be close family beggars belief!

Good luck with the search, and hope your son gets himself into a better place soon!
Well said
Z4 23i Roadster