Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

GROUP BUY: ** Carbon Fiber & Fiberglass Side Skirt Extensions ** - ENDED 23/09/17

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Thrustyjust

GROUP BUY: ** Carbon Fiber & Fiberglass Side Skirt Extensions ** - ENDED 23/09/17

Post by Thrustyjust » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:41 pm

From building fibre glass/ carbon bits on kit cars , just using a small cutting disc on a dremel is the way to go. Remember to wear a face mask, as the dust is very fine. Then finish with some fine sand paper .
E86 In sapphire black

Mau

Post by Mau » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:10 pm

Great, many thanks!
Image More on the '03 roadster and '08 coupe:click me.

Mau

Post by Mau » Fri May 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Resurrecting this thread ...

I participated in the group buy and took delivery of the parcel back in 2017, but did not get around to actually unpacking and fitting the side skirt extensions. Swapped houses in the mean time, had two sons (hence the baby food packaging used for the test fitting in below pictures :lol: ), you know what life can be like. :thumbsup:

Only recently I unpacked the skirt extensions for some very rough test fitting. Turns out that neither of them has the edge protection I see on other pictures:

Jay (Thantu55) obviously is not around on the forum anymore, does anyone else maybe have a contact at the Greek guy that produced the skirt extensions, so I can ask him?

Alternatively, would someone be kind enough to take measurements of the edge protection? Amazon and Ebay seem to be filled with rubber strips, but would like to avoid ordering one way too big, or way too small.

Many thanks!

Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Sat May 23, 2020 1:27 pm

Funnily enough I was going to post to ask if anyone had sourced replacement trim as mine has started to peel a bit, I’m guessing the glossy trim isn’t UV protected. I’ll be able to post the dimensions on here tomorrow. I have a business card for AGT Styling that I can pm you as well.

To be honest I’ll be using a cheap alternative, I think any trim will be sacrificial as it’s in the firing line.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

Mau

Post by Mau » Sun May 24, 2020 10:05 am

Great (not the trim starting to peel on yours of course), many thanks! Could I say yes to both (business cards per PM, as well as the dimensions)? Also interested to see which trim you will source.

Once again, many thanks!

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Sun May 24, 2020 4:04 pm

Hey, sorry to ask, why isn't Jay on the forum anymore? Did he sell his car?? Sorry, haven't been around this part of the forum much.. is he okay? As I remember him being sick or something??
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3