Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Back to Black

Discussing the current generation Z4
Gwest44

Back to Black

Post by Gwest44 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:38 am

Zed Baron wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:26 am
Gwest44 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 6:31 am My first E89 was black
Yeah I don't mind black :rofl:
https://youtu.be/palevTnLiec?si=tIwKx_-I64-pbCTc
Yes definitely do not mention black to that lad :rofl:
Funny I remembered the exact same sketch show when I replied :thumbsup:
Z3 Widebody
Previously 8xZ3's, 5xE85's, 2xE86's & 4xE89's

Kiwi_Mike

Back to Black

Post by Kiwi_Mike » Fri May 17, 2024 3:12 am

Hut man wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:06 pm When I bought mine back in January there were red and blue cars sitting next to each other both 4 cylinder cars, I had specifically came to the dealership to see the SF Red car as I’d seen a few pictures on here and really liked the colour, the first thing Sharon said was I don’t like the red car,
The sales guy said we have a black one as well, but is a M40i, when ever Sharon seen it she said that’s more like it let’s take it out for a run, rest is history, it’s in my garage as we speak, result.
I had a very similar experience. Went to test drive a SF Red with white interior and the Mrs didn't like it. Showed her a black one with red interior and she said without hesitation "buy that one!" so I did. Pick it up next week.

Hut man

Back to Black

Post by Hut man » Fri May 17, 2024 7:50 am

Its nice if the other half gets the same thrill as yourself when choosing a car especially now that’s its such an expensive commitment.
M40i sapphire black,tech,comfort shadow line.

CliveN

Back to Black

Post by CliveN » Fri May 17, 2024 9:30 am

Lucky guys…..
Clive N (aka Maria1)
Z4MC
Z4 E89 3.0i MS

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Back to Black

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri May 17, 2024 9:40 am

Hut man wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:50 am Its nice if the other half gets the same thrill as yourself when choosing a car especially now that’s its such an expensive commitment.
Mine picked the colour, both in and out. I wasn’t fussed as it’s what’s under the bonnet that mattered to me.

Mine absolutely loves the Z4 and going on forum runs, particularly spirited ones.

Off to Spain and Portugal for nearly 4 weeks soon :D

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Zed Baron

Back to Black

Post by Zed Baron » Fri May 17, 2024 10:28 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:40 am Mine absolutely loves the Z4 and going on forum runs
    Mine detests the Z4 (she hated the E89 also) stupid cars! It's not an age thing either as she's 13 years younger than me, she just bought a new car. I didn't once criticise her decision, but when I came home with the G29, she walked past it on the drive, not one comment :x

RAYK47

Back to Black

Post by RAYK47 » Fri May 17, 2024 10:45 am

Zed Baron wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:28 am
    Argyll Andy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:40 am Mine absolutely loves the Z4 and going on forum runs
    Mine detests the Z4 (she hated the E89 also) stupid cars! It's not an age thing either as she's 13 years younger than me, she just bought a new car. I didn't once criticise her decision, but when I came home with the G29, she walked past it on the drive, not one comment :x
    My Mrs is the same. She calls it my angry Noddy car. She refuses to drive it, a car is a tool to her, just a means to get to a destination.

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Back to Black

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri May 17, 2024 12:46 pm

Zed Baron wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:28 am
    As you saw having met us last week, mine is very happy to be out with everyone. It genuinely is one of the things I’m really grateful for and know how lucky I am seeing your, and others, replies about how their OH’s react to their Zeds. I’m more likely to get asked when we’re going out in it to any form of complaint :D

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Zed Baron

Back to Black

Post by Zed Baron » Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:46 pm I’m more likely to get asked when we’re going out in it to any form of complaint :D
      Hi Andy, yes you are lucky, I had to pick madam up from the station as the trains were being rerouted from Glasgow..... Picked her up in the G29 :lol: she kept looking for the grab rail on the way home :rofl: By the way have a great holiday

TTZ4

Back to Black

Post by TTZ4 » Sun May 19, 2024 10:21 pm

Zed Baron wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:31 am
      TTZ4 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:06 am Looking good, have you done something with the wheels?
      I had them redone in shadow chrome, what I did miss when I picked the car up was an unsmart repair to the front n/s wheel. So I took it down to my mate at the alloy repair place. He pointed out that they couldn't diamond cut it as the previous repair had taken too much away. There's a recess (picked out in black) next to the spokes on the 799m's and they had cut into that and it had disappeared (they had replicated it just by painting it back in!) So, I managed to get another alloy and decided to have them all done in shadow chrome, less maintenance hassle in the long term. I was sitting in my local BMW dealership ion Friday, all the showroom stock had similar alloys, so, if your looking for some 2nd had diamond cut BMW alloys, give them a closer inspection.
      [/

I would definitely agree, there is nothing smart about grinding out isolated area of the rim.