Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help, Need your ideas--

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
007-Z4

Help, Need your ideas--

Post by 007-Z4 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:34 am

Hello Z fans!

Need your help, My BMW, 2003 Z4 with 28K miles--- noise on driver side side, sounds as if the noise is coming from the driver inside-plastic door grip, If I put pressure on it to try to reproduce sound, sounds like a foam egg carton being squeezed as I go over bumps---
I am not 100% certain, I also hear some noise going over bumps also next to driver side, seems to be coming from automatic rag top somewhere?

So, If I bring this to a BMW dealership to trouble shoot, being off warranty will be expensive, Any help on any areas I should have them check so I wont have to pay for multiple visits----, Does anybody know how to tighten that inner door grip, silver grab handle inside? Any ideas------Am I over looking something?

Please provide any help. I understand it is not a luxury cush ride, Just looking for ways or areas to have the dealer check for tighten and or adjustment when I schedule my appointment!!!

Thanks all for your quality help!

Bob

Any an all feedback from you would be most appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!
Bob

Lotus1

Re: Help, Need your ideas--

Post by Lotus1 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:26 pm

Bob,

It's difficult to identify a noise remotely so I can't point you in the right direction. There is however a detailed guide to removing the door trim here:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh ... hlight=LED

Hope this helps,

Steve

3.0i Roadster, M Sport Suspension, AC Schnitzer Type 4 reps, Xenons, 6 Speed Manual, Satnav, Carver Hi-fi

007-Z4

Post by 007-Z4 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:52 pm

Thanks for who helped---! Great photo thread on how to take off door---now well I have to be brave to do it, lol or pay the dealer to
search! I think the noise is coming from the roof, I have heard that this car rattles, but that is the beauty of the beast to drive a Roadster---Hey, I just might turn the radio louder!! I will let you if we find anything!

Thanks again!!!!!!

Bob

konas

Post by konas » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:38 am

If you feel that the noise is coming from the roof locks, try using a silicon spray to the locks. Sometimes helps